Black and navy is one of my all time favorite color combos...almost a subtle tone-on-tone but the navy softens the black a little bit. It's not, however, an easy look for me to wear considering all the white dog hair floating around me at all times. I managed to get said white fluff off the jeans, silk tee, and blazer for this ensemble with the help of a heavy-duty lint roller. Many sticky sheets later, I added black and white striped drop earrings for some added interest to an otherwise clean and classic look!
A sweet holiday calls for wearing, well, something sweet! We love the perfect pink of this sweater from Mango but it’s really the bows that can be tied at the bell sleeves that takes its cute factor up several notches. Pair with some whimsical shoes or a festive bag and you’re ready for Valentine’s Day!
Le Charlot Resort
The only denim I'm wearing these days are full-on maternity styles (my fave and second fave). And part of todays "I Wish I Was Wearing" is definitely driven by envy...because I really do wish I could wear the denim covered in patches, embroidery, and/or sequins I've been seeing on style mavins like Xenia van der Woodsen. I mean, I did wear a pair of my MOTHER jeans the other day with a handy Tummy Tube situation, but it's definitely more comfortable for me to wear jeans with a built-in belly panel. Anyway, I love the embellished jeans trend and it was fun for me to put together this look...even if I can't currently wear it myself!
Penny for your thoughts? No? How about a cute place to stash those pennies and maybe a few love notes, too? This little heart coin purse from kate spade new york is one of those seriously cute accessories we all want but hardly ever buy for ourselves…which of course makes it an ideal gift! Even better: it’s on sale (
$88 → $61)! And of course, ksny has a whole host of V-Day perfect gifts right here (we love these earrings and this fun ring)…
Forget about wearing your heart on your sleeve…put that love on full display with a little collar action! We just love the sweet, quirky hearts adorning the neckline of this white blouse (also available here) as much as we like its voluminous, paneled shape. All the pieces by Vivetta feel so special and whimsical – we’d happily take any of the Italian-made designs – and those with hearts are just too perfect for this time of year. Hello, this dress!
Since being gone last weekend, I still feel like I'm playing catch up. My husband is actually out of town this weekend, so I will be doing lots of fun things like laundry, vacuuming, and walking the dogs while hes away. I may even try to talk Molly and her pups into coming over for pizza and a sleepover one night. I am admittedly one of those people who gets scared being in the house alone at night - even with two big dogs and an alarm system, so I'll take all the company I can get! (read on to get the sales + steals)
This + That:
- A. FAVORITE READ // “The Best Moisturizing Lip Balms Without Petroleum Jelly” via Cakes to the Nines (They’re just mixing Wax
- B. FAVORITE PIN // this via A Pretty Life in the Suburbs (Chewy. Peanut Butter. Blondies. Making these will definitely be part of my weekend!)
- C. FAVORITE INSTAGRAM // @hillhousehome (Love this “my side, your side” embroidered pillow case set available on goop!)
- D. FAVORITE OUTFIT // Bare Beauty via The Mama Notes (Ok, so I know this isn’t an outfit post at all – but Jessica looks so stunning in the photo she included as part of her guest post of “Best Clean Beauty for Pregnancy, Kid & Baby,” I couldn’t help but make her my fave look/outfit of the week. And of course, I always love all her suggestions and reviews!)
- Ann Taylor: 40% off all full priced styles + extra 50% off all sale styles with code WEEKEND. (How good are these!? Loving the blush pink and the red version.)
- Anthropologie: Extra 40% off sale items! (This in the grey is such a good buy.)
- Banana Republic: The Love Everything Event – 40% off your purchase! (This is perfect for the current weather we’re having in Dallas – I love the sleeve detail.)
- BaubleBar: The Semi-Annual stock up event! Up to 70% off hundreds of almost gone styles. (I’ve been on the fence about chokers and can honestly say that I will most likely not own one, but this is one of the cutest ones I’ve seen!)
- Bloomingdales: Take 20% off with code NEWARRIVALS. (Pretty much obsessed with this – in both colors.)
- Bluemercury: Use code ROSES for a “bouquet” of free treats with any $100 purchase. (This has amazing reviews. Unfortunately, it contains ingredients you can’t use while pregnant, but I think Molly needs to try it out for the both of us!)
- Calypso St. Barth: Enjoy an extra 60% off sale! (This is a great layering piece – under cardigans, blazers, etc.!)
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 20% off beds, bedding, and mattresses through 2/20!
- Free People: Free standard delivery through Sunday, February 19th. (Loving everything about this! Including the price.)
- Gap: 25% off your purchase with code MORE. (Really like this sweet variation on your classic button down.)
- Hatch: End of season sale! 40% off all Fall/Winter! (I’ve been eyeing this top for quite some time now, no surprise since I love a good white top. Also, this jacket is perfect for this time of year – I especially love the sleeve length!)
- H&M: Deals from $5! Up to 70% off through 2/20. Use code 7779 for free shipping! (I think these are so cute to tuck in to a pair of jeans!)
- J.Crew: In stores and online: 20% off select tops and pants with code MUSTHAVES. (Thinking I could use this in both colors – the length is perfect for a bump!)
- J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything! In stores and online.
- kate spade new york: Enjoy an extra 25% off all sale styles with code BUBBLY. (These would make for a cute happy engagement gift!)
- LOFT: 40% off everything + 50% off sale styles with code HAPPY. (These are SO cute and so well priced.)
- Lou & Grey: 25% off everything! (These would be my bffs if I had them in my closet. Elastic waist = yes please.)
- Madewell: Extra 30% off sale styles with code MOODLIFT. (I only wish I could fit this over my growing bump, but maybe Molly needs to get it?)
- Old Navy: 30% off your order through 2/18 with code ENJOY. (Loving this in the black for a night out.)
- Saks: Up to $150 off when you shop Women’s denim with code DENIM17 through 2/20. (I will admit that there are some days where I miss variety in my denim, or the denim that fits me, which has me eyeing these.)
- Steve Madden: 25% off + free shipping with code PREZ. (Really like these in the camel color.)
- Tuckernuck: New markdowns! 20% off sale items with code EXTRA20.
Madewell Lace Set
Valentine’s Day is a great time to spread the love to your special people and also a perfect excuse to show yourself a little love. We’ve found that self-gifting pretty, lacy things (undies, nightgowns, etc.) is almost better than indulging in chocolate and obviously longer-lasting than flowers. The brand new intimates collection – and selection of sets – at Madewell are what we’re both loving when it comes to pretty underpinnings.
Lightening Bolt Slides
We both have a big thing with slides (aka: mules and slip-ons) and our favorite styles are the slipper and half-loafer varieties. Lucky for us, our go-to shoes are rather trendy at the moment and it’s hard to not find new styles to love on a regular basis. The Mango pair giving us major hearts for eyes covered in a printed pink fabric and adorned with crystal lightening bolts of pink & red. Boom. We’ll take two in a size 8, please!
Me before showering: I don't want to shower.
Me once in the shower: I live here now.
Am I the only one who kind of...dreads showering? Don't get me wrong, I like to look and feel clean - and I definitely loooove being in the shower once I actually force myself to get in - but I get unnecessary anxiety leading up to the task. I've thought about it an I think the dread comes from the fact that I'm not a quick shower kind of gal. I like to really suds up, exfoliate, shave my legs, let my conditioner sit, wash my face with multiple cleaners, and follow up with lotion from tip to toe. It's a whole routine that I'd love to simplify without feeling like I'm away something important.
Well, the reason for this post is that I found a way to combine a few of my shower steps with one innovative product: DUO. It's a brand new dual-sided cleaning tool that gives the same "clean" as bar soap, the "care" of a body wash, and the textured experience of a puff/cloth. I test drove the Olay DUO with Soothing Orchid & Black Currant scent offering (the tool also comes in Old Spice Swagger or Pure Sport and Ivory Refreshing Clean) and was so impressed after one shower use that I've abandoned nearly 4 products/tools in favor of only using the DUO!
I’ve always been someone who favors using a bar of soap in lieu of a body wash (I felt like I get a better lather with a bar!) but body washes definitely deliver a scent quality that I like. Sometimes I typical shower for me starts with sudsing with a bar of soap, rinsing, followed by a body wash and shaving, rinsing, then using a body scrub or mit to exfoliate. I know…that’s a lot of steps. The DUO gives me all the same results (clean skin, scented and hydrated skin, and exfoliated skin) in one product versus four.
After getting the DUO under water, the flexible cleaner inside the two layers immediately starts to lather. Unlike bar soaps, the DUO conforms to the curves of your body and is really easy to hold onto…an aspect that really made me feel like I was getting a good clean! First I do a once over with the smooth side (which is very soft but not slippery) then follow back over the scrubby side. I looove the feeling of a good scrub! The exfoliating side is nice (and honestly the side I prefer most) because the texture isn’t ultra rough and doesn’t irritate or over work the skin. Once I’m all lathered I hang the duo with it’s handy little loop, shave my legs, and feel like a million bucks.
Sometimes I spend the extra time I save using DUO and not my other various products/tools to stand under the hot water and zone out, and sometimes I hop out of the shower early and jump into my hair routine, cutting my whole “getting ready time” down. Either way, I feel good (and smell amazing, by the way) knowing that I got such good clean (2 times better than what I would have gotten from a basic body wash and puff) and have softer, smoother skin.
Don’t just take my word for it, try a revolutionary DUO for yourself! You can find coupons for the DUOs here (just type “duo” into the search bar!) and shop the DUOs online and at mass and food retailers.