Ever since our move to our new (and smaller!) apartment a few weeks ago, I am still spending my weekends getting settled and try to give myself a task to complete each weekend. Last weekend I cleared out bags and bags that were full of consignment and giveaway clothing and cluttering our hallway. Taking care of that took two full days but was a huge relief to the space in our apartment and to me! Molly and I started doing regular closet clean outs which I have found to be quite cleansing and actually enjoy doing now. It also allows room (and makes for less guilt) for any new purchases that I may make. By getting rid of things, it helps me to realize what types of pieces I don't wear/love as much so that I don't buy them again. Molly is MUCH better at doing this than I am, but I like to think that I am getting better at following her example:) I am hoping that after this coming weekend's "to-do" of finding a home for one last little box of things that we will feel all settled and in turn, less cluttered! Now that we have our two (big) pups living with us in our one bedroom place, we are determined to keep things organized around here. The lack of open areas or corners to put "stuff" really does force you to do that!
With school starting next week, it's hard not to get in the "back to school" mode of buying those few things I'd like to start a new school year with. Being a teacher I'm similar to a student in that way:) At the top of my list is a more casual "work bag" to carry my laptop in back and forth to school - I hate weighing down my nicer bags with a laptop and all of my other things. Currently looking at the MZ Wallace Metro totes or a classic L.L. Bean Boat and Tote, which I have in a giant size for the beach and love. Any suggestions are always welcome. Will also be taking advantage of the sales as "back to school" excuses! (read on to get the sales + steals)
- Ann Taylor: Extra 40% off sale styles. (these are an AMAZING deal and the black would be great to go into fall – the reviews sold me too)
- Anthropologie: Extra 20% off sale items. (I feel like Anthro NEVER does this – take advantage! These are adorable and a great deal and I love the idea of this for a trip to St. Barths we’re taking in February!)
- ASOS: Final clearance sale! Items are up to 70% off – shop it here.
- Banana Republic: Extra 50% off women’s sale with code BRSALE.
- Club Monaco: Free shipping on orders over $150 with code FREESHIP. (this is one of the prettier blouses I’ve seen in awhile and one I know would get SO much wear)
- Eberjey: End of summer sale! Get 30% off all swim and coverups with code SUMMERSALE. Ends 8/31.
- GAP: 30% off regular priced styled with code HAPPY – today only! (loving all the new arrivals – would love to try these jeans!)
- J.Crew: 25% off select shirts, t-shirts, and sweaters with code SHOPNOW. (I absolutely adore the print on this top!)
- J.Crew Factory: Up to 50% off all styles – today only! (this is so fantastic)
- LOFT: 50% off sale styles!
- Lulu and Georgia: 15 – 25% off when you spend $250-$1,000 (Great time to buy a rug or piece of furniture that you’ve been needing! (in love with these cute guys – if only we had a home for them in our new place)
- Old Navy: Get 25% off when you spend $75+ with code ENJOY. Offer ends 8/28. (Molly just bought this, this, and this…very cute)
- Splendid: 25% off select women’s styles!
- French Connection: 50% off all sale items + free shipping with code 50SALE
- The Outnet: End of Season Sale! Extra 40% off!
- West Elm: Extra 15% off sale with code REDHOT! (I am generally not one for random assortments of coffee mugs, but a set of 6 of these would be amazing – would be a fun gift too)