Weekend Wear of Fall

Has everyone creeped on the new fall stuff for J.Crew?  It’s been the buzz of the blogsphere for a few days and I’m guilty of having scrolled through the new items several times already.  The favorites everyone seems to be talking about are the bright dahlia (purply-pink) cafe capri pants and all the splashes of leopard (blazer, sweaters, skirts, bags, etc.).  And I’m jazzed about all that goodness, too – I’ve built a nice “mother may I” list already…

But I think it’s pretty telling that the items I am most pumped about are part of the J.Crew Weekend section… Don’t get me wrong, I love getting dressed for the office each day and “pencil skirt” is still my middle name – but on the weekends, I run errands, lounge and try to do a whole lot of nothingness.  And I prefer to do this nothingness is the most comfortable (but still cute) clothing I can find (remember the weekend pants?)… Even though it wont be cold enough in the Dallas to wear most of my faves above, maybe they’ll be on sale by the time I need them.  The poncho hoodie in black is really calling my name.  Oh and I just threw in that denim vest for funsies – I think it’s wicked cool and maybe I’ll be brave enough to try it this fall

(Images via J.Crew)

1. Sarah O'Brien Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 3:37 pm

All I have to say is I'm in love!

2. rikshaw design Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 4:08 pm

i got that sundrenched sweatshirt (in mint) and those shorts both soft and comfy! lurve..

3. SHF Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I am now lusting over that hoodie in the Heather Graphite – super cute & casual for fall! Living in Canada means I end up wearing pieces like that nearly all year round, so I'm always searching for clothes that are both cozy and comfortable. Thanks for sharing part of your J Crew lust list!

SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

4. Caitlin Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Love all these looks – perfect for San Francisco summers!

5. Lara Matos Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Love everything J.Crew, always. It's a dangerous time when their new lines come out!!

6. A Lovely Being Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Molly! You need to try a denim vest. I think it would be adorable on you. I'm on a mission to find one at a thrift store this weekend :)

xoxoxoxo

7. victoria | vmac + cheese Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I have to let you in on a J.Crew secret I discovered. I recently got an olive colored sweater that looks EXACTLY like the purple one, fourth from the top…thing is, it was a Crewcuts sweater, and on sale for $14!!!! If you're a petite lady, you can totally get away with wearing stuff from the Crewcuts line. I ordered a size 12 and it is one of my favorite sweaters I've bought in recent years!

8. Sweet Nothings Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 11:43 pm

i want everything from them for fall. everything