Love, Actually

Its Monday, and the first day back to work after the Thanksgiving holiday.  I don’t know why, but I always have the hardest time transitioning from being home and visiting my family to coming back to a quiet apartment and a room of my own.  Call me crazy but I love the chaos that is being home.  Maybe I like lounging on the couch with three other people and our Cavalier, Henry.  Or watching a Disney Channel Original Movie in my mamas bed with Molly and our 11 year old sister.  Sharing a bedroom and bathroom – no problem there either.  Sometimes the craziness that comes with being home is a great change and one that I love to welcome into my world.

While we were home we watched some of the best holiday movies.  Including The Family Stone, Home Alone, and Love Actually.  No matter how many times I hear the above quote in Love Actually, I fall in love with it all over again.  So, on this transitional Monday morning, I’m counting down the days til the Christmas holiday at home (too soon?) and loving this totally true Love Actually quote.

(Image via weheartit)

1. Melanie Monday, November 28, 2011 at 6:36 pm

top 5 favorite movies of all time. LOVE it :)

2. jacquelyn | lark + linen Monday, November 28, 2011 at 6:52 pm

This sounds like the PERFECT Thanksgiving. I can understand why you'd be bummed to come home.

I too enjoyed me some Christmas movies while stuck at home with the flu. Definitely made the flu that much better, I must say.

3. Cid Monday, November 28, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Love Actually is my favourite movie and while we have lots of family traditions around the Christmas I always save this one to watch by the fire on my own whilst wrapping presents. Love Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson's characters especially, guess that means I'm getting older. Number two fav is Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz in The Holiday.

4. a lovely being Monday, November 28, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to go back to KC on Dec. 22… counting down the days, actually. We will most certainly be watching plenty of Holiday films – Love, Actually + The Family Stone included : )

x fallon

5. victoria | vmac+cheese Monday, November 28, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Yup, Love Actually is a MUST around the holidays. I also have recently taken to watching The Holiday. Something about Kate Winslet making Jack Black a little Christmas fettucine that gets me every time.

6. Neda Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 12:05 am

I can totally relate to the difficult transition…even though my family is close by, there is something different about being at home in cold weather and just being cozy with them. I have Love Actually, The Holiday and Sleepless in Seattle on constant rotation in December. :)

7. Megan Abigail Chandler Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I simply ADORE this quote and the holiday picture you've painted!