Chrome

I never thought that I would say this, but I am getting seriously sick of my nail polish collection.  I am kind of tired of all of the dark wintry colors I’ve been sporting, but also don’t feel like getting into pale colors either.  I am currently wearing Molly’s OPI’s Cuckoo for this Color, which I love, but it is going to start chipping away by the time the weekend gets here.  When that time comes I am tempted to do a pretty neutral color.  Maybe even pick up a new tan color.  (I haven’t purchased a new bottle of nail polish in months okay!?)

Or…I might go to the complete opposite end of the spectrum and find something similar to these chrome colored nails above.  Yep, that’s what I’m going to do.  I’ve done some Google research and I honestly can’t find many options that look like these pictures.  I think the closest I found is by China Glaze and called Millenium.  I can’t even find it sold online, so I’m going to have to hope that the nail polish store has it.  Crossing fingers here!

Do any of you sweet readers know who makes a cool chrome color that can cure my nail polish blues?

(Images 1 via Cupcakes and Cashmere Pinterest // 2 via Please Strike a Pose // 3 via Style Scrapbook)

1. Caroline Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I like the metallic nail look. I think the first picture, of the silver toes, is actually achieved with minx nails or like nail wraps, and not nail polish. I've only ever seen nails look that metallic when it's minx. Good luck finding a new color!

2. Brooke Guevara Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I was just thinking the same thing as I was painting my nails yesterday! I need to go shopping for some new colors. My problum is a huge variety of bright, bright colors. I'm thinking I need some neuturals..maybe a beige, creme, grey or some mate colors. Good luck on your nail polish hunt :)

3. Christine Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 7:15 pm

That's not nail polish. It's a sticker like application such as Minx.

4. Caitlin Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Sally Hansen makes some chrome options!

5. Alexa Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Love that metallic look!

6. Erica | cupcakes & coffee breaks Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I love the chrome, and definitely just bought sally hansen stickers last night. Now i'm regretting my choice of floral print…

7. Erica | cupcakes & coffee breaks Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10:33 pm

8. Erica | cupcakes & coffee breaks Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10:33 pm

9. Erica | cupcakes & coffee breaks Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10:33 pm

10. Erica | cupcakes & coffee breaks Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10:33 pm

11. Chelsea Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 2:34 am

I love that look! I have a silver Butter by London and it is so fun. xo

12. victoria | vmac+cheese Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 4:27 pm

K, so, in high school I used to wear silver nail polish like all the time. What can I say? It was the late 90s, early 2000s! However, it never looked anywhere near as awesome as this chrome finish. I thought I'd sworn off the metallics on my nails, but maybe not!

13. Nicole Friday, February 10, 2012 at 4:35 am

try Nars space odyssey.. such a nice silver!

14. Allie Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Totally unrelated to the nail polish (which I love!), but I am obsessing over that wishbone ring in the third picture and cannot find one ANYWHERE! anyone have an idea where I could find one?

15. Jordan Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 1:20 am

Amazon carrys the wishbone ring :)