IKEA Hacks

If you type “ikea hack” into the search bar of Pinterest the above images are just a sampling of what you would see. No clue what sparked my interest to perform the said Pinterest search this morning at 7:00am but none the less, I am blown away by what I found. Confession, Sally and I still don’t know what “IKEA hack” means…. We assume it’s the transformation of IKEA’s contemporary/Scandinavian pieces into more crafted and decorative pieces but don’t judge our simple minded definition. Ordinary people like me (and you!) buying affordable furniture and lighting to make home decor on a budget – that looks amazing. I think I still have the DIY bug I caught a couple of months ago because these crafty people have inspired me to forgo my decision of buying an overpriced mirror and instead buy something simple and freshen it up with some nail heads. Loving nail head decal right now. It’s gonna bring some great edge to my room. Speaking of… I really owe you guys some pics of my room. Every weekend I spend some time on it and I’m really loving how it’s coming along. Pinky promise to take pictures once I deem it acceptable for public viewing. Anyone have a fave DIY blog or site to direct me to for more IKEA hack/DIY inspiration?

Oh, and happy Friday!

(Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1314)

1. Giovanna Friday, March 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Ahh! Love the pieces in this post! I'm obsessed with the greyish dresser! I'm going to have to try some of these ideas out in my next apartment!!

2. victoria | vmac+cheese Friday, March 2, 2012 at 5:14 pm

IKEA hacks never cease to blow me away. People are just so darn creative! And then there are companies like O'verlays, which build off of IKEA products…just so cool!

3. Michelle Henderson Friday, March 2, 2012 at 5:19 pm

So fun to see my IKEA hack! Thanks for posting!

4. sarah obrien Friday, March 2, 2012 at 5:38 pm

the lights in the first photo are so rad!

5. Charlottie Friday, March 2, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Hey girls, I love this post. I have just moved to Houston from the UK and the amount of times I have been to Ikea Houston is getting on my nerves! However, this has renewed my inspiration and motivation for styling up the ikea pieces to suit our space.

I lvoe the nursery and the wallpapered chest of drawers most, Thanks!

6. Albertina Friday, March 2, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Yes!! ikea hacks are awesome. Take a look at two that I did. And I'm by no means an expert DIYer….but was very happy with the results.

7. Teri Roughen Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I'm always on the look out for great table. They are either too expensive or cheap looking. One has to be creative and maybe repurpose something found. I love these choices you've made. Teri

8. Darius Y. Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 8:11 am

Love the desk with the yellow doves on it. I wonder if my little girl would like it if i got it for her room.

9. DIY HOME INSPO | Studded Ikea Tables - Studio All Day Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 4:55 pm

[…] Source […]