Desk Accessorizing

Right now, the desk I have in my room serves no purpose other than a catchall for various papers/bills/etc. and it is more than driving me crazy.  The surface is hardly ever visible between the stacks of papers and one too many picture frames that sit atop it.  Organization is most definitely lacking in this area of my room, but I have big plans to fix that.  Now that I have a new piece of furniture (bookshelf/armoire) in my room, I plan to move the picture frames from my desk so that I can create a clean and organized slate.  Hopefully this will force me to actually sit at my desk.  The above lamp from Land of Nod has been in the back of my mind ever since I saw it awhile back and I think it would be perfect for my workplace since my desk is definitely on the small side.  I also have a love affair with Parker & Rain’s Marbled Lucite tray which would make a nice little catchall as well as add a bit of color.  Imagining this draped over my deskchair to add a bit of softness and because who doesn’t love a little faux sheepskin right?!  Any other suggestions for can’t live without/killer good-looking desk accessories or resources?  Would love to hear…

(Image 1 via, Image 2 via Parker & Rain, Image 3 via Land of Nod)

1. hailey Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 6:37 pm

In LOVE with the chair in the first image. It's gorgeous!

2. Amie Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 6:44 pm

That lamp is bomb… ;)

3. Blair Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Funny that you posted this today! I'm in a new year's cleaning, redecorating streak and just cleared out and organized me office. Great inspiration pics! My office needs a facelift!

4. Natalie Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I loved my desk in college – I bought a small kitchen table from Ikea and used it as a desk. All I had on it was a great lamp, my laptop, and a cute cup of pencils. Oh, and a bulletin board above the desk, of course. I found the simple setup really helped me clear my mind and encouraged me to be productive while I sat there. So that's what I would suggest – mimimalism. Try to avoid anything that allows for clutter (i.e. be very careful with what you put in your catch-all tray!) and make it a priority to clear anything off the desk that is no longer relevant. I hope you show us pictures of your final product once you're done decorating!

Natalie
    Nam'es Not Ashley

5. Bibi Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 1:43 am

I really love your blog, and this post ir really inspiring to decorate
    xoxo Bibi :)

6. Ashley B Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Have you seen the Kate Spade pencil/pen holder? Tooo cute !!;)

7. Julie-White Tapestry Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Love that tray!

8. Yaz Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 4:12 am

I love the chair!!!! Looks beautiful and comfortable at the same time! Where can I get it? ;)