Open Shade

Shooting in open shade has been one of my go-to methods when taking photos… I have no idea why those two words popped into my head this morning when I was choosing images for this post, but I just decided to go wtih it (since my mind is going blank this Friday, as per usual).  Most photography books and class instructors will talk to you about how helpful open shade is when taking pictures outdoors – and there are tons of helpful articles and posts about how to spot these “magic” areas and the best ways to shoot in them (this one and this one were just two I clicked on and read from searching “open shade” in Google).

What else?  I have a jammed packed day tomorrow with back to back errands and appointments – all of which I’m excited about.  It’s not every day you get to have your lashes freshly dyed, go to the optomitrist to see if you are as blind as you suspect, pick out new specs, grab lunch with a favorite friend, get a pedicure, and then end the day with a blowout (DryBar – obvi).  Love being productive sometimes… It makes me feel less guilty when I take 3-5 naps on Sunday.

Happy Friday and Good Weekend to all my fave chickies! xx

(Images 1, 2, 3, 4)

1. Kim Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I couldnt get the link for the first picture to work. Where are those cute pants from?? LOVE them. ha!

2. Leigh Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Thanks for the recommended articles! I love open shade! Have a great weekend! Enjoy your busy Saturday and lazy Sunday :)

3. Devon Elizabeth Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:21 pm

These photographs are absolutely gorgeous :) xoxo

4. Peyton Friday, January 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I always get to excited when you post about photography tips and techniques. Can't wait to look this one up. Keep 'em coming. :)
    It sounds like you have a great weekend planned – productivity over the weekend is the best.

Xo Peyton

5. Amie Friday, January 18, 2013 at 7:00 pm

lashes dyed..say what!? Enjoy your weekend!!!

6. Gabriella Friday, January 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Sounds like a perfect busy weekend! I'm out running errands and getting some work done as well. Productivity feels pretty great sometimes. Enjoy!

7. Elisa {fancyfreeme} Friday, January 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Love the images, now I have to check out what open shade means cause i'm clueless. I know what I'll be doing this weekend ;)

8. Kayko Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Thank you for posting about your photography. I love all of your shots and insights. Keep it coming!!! Oh and where is that gorgeous corner window, is it a salon?