Warby Parker #classtrip Dallas

“So, this thing really is in a legit school bus…”  Yes, yes friend it is in a legit school bus.  Just one of the many reasons Warby Parker is awesome.

Unfamiliar with Warby Parker?  You can read Sally’s past post about the company here…  But all you really need to know is that they make prescription eye ware for men and women starting at $95 and for every pair sold, they donate a pair of glasses to a person in need.  For any of you that wear glasses you know that frames – especially the good-looking and high quality ones – don’t necessarily come cheap.  Warby Parker’s passion for producing non-bland, well made, and affordable frames for eyeglasses and sunglasses has made them a stand out to the weary-eyed and fashion-forward crowds alike.

Because the glasses are only sold in a select number of showrooms (list here), you can do their “Home Try-On” program and choose five styles that you can test out for five days.  For free.  What more could we ask for?  Apparently the geniuses at Warby Parker thought that more was needed, and they designed the Warby Parker Class Trip – a cross-country road trip that takes one re-imagined yellow school bus through nine cities over six months.  Stop number seven on the route?  Dallas!

Shopping the bus was such an experience – and my photos hardly do it justice – so if you live near, head over to the bus before it leaves Dallas this Sunday…  Try on all the styles and colors of specs and sunnies WP has to offer, choose your favorite and order them right from the bus.  It’s way easier than any tests you took (or are still taking) in school, and I know you’ll leave with a whole new appreciation for the brand.  Not everyone can make school bus shopping look this good…  Wondering what pairs we ended up with:  I chose the  Percy in grey and Everett in gimlet tortoise - Sally got the Sinclair in midnight blue and Tenley in violet magnolia.  Thank you to the WP experts that helped us pick them out!!

Images taken by MBM for A Piece of Toast

1. Fashion-isha Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I love when companies donate part of their proceeds to good causes. It's so heartwarming. Thanks for sharing this incredible post!
    xo
    Sharon

2. Maggie Broderick Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 9:40 pm

This post just makes my heart happy. KEEP SPREADING THE WORD. WP is such a fabulous organization and I get compliments on my Crystal Huxleys all of the time.

I blogged about my frames here: http://cardigansandpassports.blogspot.com/2012/08/librarian-chic-warby-parker.html

3. Amanda Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 10:02 pm

This sounds like a great company. Cannot wait to check them out!
    Amanda

4. Julie Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 10:19 pm

This makes me sad that I got Lasik! I would have loved this company before. Extremely cool glasses and corporate vision (pun semi- intended).

5. Janel Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 10:23 pm

your pictures are so SO amazing- if i weren't already in love with your blog because of the content, the photography would instantly make me a follower xx

6. Rach xoxo Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 12:23 am

that bus is so neat. plus what a great company! great pictures!

7. Nancy Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 2:50 am

Warby Parker makes me wish i needed prescription glasses, tehe! Because all their glasses are so cute; however, I have found a way around it and now constantly wear their sunglasses!
    One of the two pairs I have is the everett sunglasses, arn't they great!
    Thanks so much for sharing more pictures of the School Bus, it looks like so much fun!

8. Desiree (CHIC COASTAL LIVING) Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 3:06 am

Love those glasses! Looking forward to ordering a pair!

9. ashleyk Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I love WP! I got two pairs last time they were in town, and got the Sinclair frames this time (in burgundy fade). I just received them in the mail yesterday and they are the cutest!

10. tobe | Because It's Awesome Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:26 pm

SUCH a cool idea. Kudos to WP! (and to you for all of these great shots!)

11. Lust Covet Desire Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Hope WP goes to LA soon!

12. Anngelik Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Great organization! I love the pictures too, they are stunning!

-Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

13. Giovanna Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 8:37 pm

How cool! I have a pair of WP glasses and I love them! I love their approach to style!

14. Gabbie Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 2:15 am

those spectacles are amazing! Awesome yellow school bus