Sans Makeup

So clearly after yesterday’s post you all know how much we enjoyed our time meeting with Jessica Alba and how impressed we were with her and her brand as well as her knowledge.  Her ear piercings too.  Oh, and the fact that she was literally wearing no makeup and looking beyond gorgeous.  Her skin was flawless and her lips were literally like pretty little pillows.  Yep, its true.  It was so refreshing to see someone who is constantly in the spotlight and photographed sans makeup.  As someone who wears very little makeup and sometimes goes back and forth as to whether or not I should actually wear “more”, I have to say that I appreciated meeting Jessica (first name basis) like this.  It gave me the confidence to go fresh faced a little more often.  Especially on the weekends when I have absolutely nothing to do.

As if they were speaking to me, last night E! News did a little bit on the newest W Magazine’s photographs of various celebrities without makeup.  33 Celebrities at that.  All of which who have been nominated as having the best performances.  If you have a chance, be sure to check out the photos online, they are absolutely gorgeous.  The complete rawness of the pictures is so different from what we normally see in a periodical and I can’t help but love and appreciate that.

Here’s to letting our natural beauty shine through every so often:)

(All images via W Magazine)

1. Ashley Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I saw this on E last night too and loved the concept. Always nice to go raw and makeup free every so often!

2. Sarah @ Belle on Heels Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Um OF COURSE Jessica Chastain look even more gorgeous without make-up, if that's even possible. Love all of these ladies!

3. Julie // Bound Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 7:14 pm

The Jessica Chastain one is insane. Nooooot totally sure she's a real human, if that's what she looks like without make-up. Love it :)

4. Kaitlin Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I just read this article in W—so gorgeous and a great read!

5. Nancy Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I saw this on E last night as well but forgot which magazine they were from – thanks for sharing. And gosh do they all look beautiful!

6. smash Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:00 am

I love how they are all still really recognizable. Sometimes it feels like you HAVE to put makeup on, but these are proof that there's really no need some days. xo

7. Elise {Buttercream & Roses} Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:09 pm

All of them look gorgeous. Inspiration to wear less makeup.

8. Elise {Buttercream & Roses} Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:09 pm

All of them look gorgeous. Inspiration to wear less makeup.

9. Steph Friday, February 1, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Such a cool idea & great photos — but gotta call out Kiera Knightley!

10. Shelby Foster Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 3:43 am

I love going without makeup…as long as my skin is cooperating that day :)

11. cortney Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 3:22 am

i just discovered your blog. i really enjoy it. and. . . amy adams sans makeup is a stone cold fox.

12. Erika Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 7:57 pm

"Make up by Dick Page" -W (says under each photograph) some are clearly wearing make-up