Mary Katrantzou x Current/Elliott

The last time I blogged about a killer Current/Elliott was this post… The denim duo is now combining their love of American classics with pattern maven Mary Katrantzou’s aesthetics for S/S 13.  You probably know Mary best for her trompe l’oeil kaleidoscope-like prints in vivid hues (see some here).  For her collab with Current/Elliott, the calculated and dramatic patterns are exchanged for prints inspired by travel and passport stamps.  You’ll still see mirrored designs that are a favorite Katrantzou favorite but the overall look and color pallet is softer and more in step with the laid-back vibe of Current/Elliott.

True to Mary’s taste, the collection is meant to be worn so that patterned pieces clash and play off one another… I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to do such bold pairings, but all of the pieces make a statement on their own.  The collection is “coming soon” but you can shop it right now on Matches Fashion – select what pieces you want and they’ll emailed you when they become available to buy!  My favorites are definitely this dress, and these jeans.

(Images via Matches Fashion)

1. Giovanna Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Amazing collection! I want every single piece! Especially those last trousers!

2. Elise {Buttercream & Roses} Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Very unique! I love the dresses. Especially the sleeveless one. Don't know if I can pull off wearing those jeans.

3. Elise {Buttercream & Roses} Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 4:44 pm

4. Brittanny Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm

LOVE!!!!!

5. rita Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 4:54 pm

ah! current/elliott are my favorite jeans and i'm so bummed that emily and merritt have left the brand b/c i can't imagine it will be the same! i adore the nighthawk stilletos and the keys sleeveless shirt!

6. Amie Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 4:57 pm

the pants in the last pic are my FAV!!!!!

7. whitney Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 5:59 pm

so pretty! i've been a big fan of mary katrantzou ever since blake lively wore a dress of hers on gossip girl years ago. i wonder what the price points are on these?

8. Ashleigh (Act on Inspiration) Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Oh I love these prints! Just the thing to wear when you're getting itchy feet but have to go to work instead! White passport stamp jeans are my favourite =)

9. Fashion-isha Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 5:01 am

The prints are to die for!
    xo
    Sharon

10. genevieve Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm

i love current/elliot and especially that dress with the little cap sleeves! reminds me a little bit of clover canyon's designs: awesome prints and mixing patterns. love it!