New Year, New Vision #1

For my first resolution realized for the collaboration with 7 For All Mankind and their “New Year, New Vision” campaign (remember reading about it here?) – I tackled my goal to hit up the grocery store more frequently and cook yummy things at home.  Do you know that wearing a pair of distrestred skinny jeans at the grocery store makes you feel like you’re living the dream?  Because it does.  I made a list before I went, hit up each aisle, and really took my time thinking about what would be smart and healthy things to bring home.

I didn’t get any ice cream (which I always do) and I bought twice the produce I normally would have.  I was proud of myself but I know I can do even better next time… Which is why I’ll be going back to the store again this weekend with a more detailed list of ingredients I’ll need to make big batches of healthy things I can take to work for lunch or eat for dinner.  Scrambled eggs are easy (and a typical dinner in our apartment) but eggplant lasagna and salmon is way better.  Now if I could only break my habit of eating cereal with cow’s milk (gasp – so bad, I know) for breakfast it will be like I’m a new woman.

It’s funny how even a small thing like stocking the fridge and pantry can make you happy.  I didn’t think much of it at the time I added it to my list of rezzies but now that I’m finally taking action on said resolutions, I’m pretty pleased!  Next week comes vision #2…  In the meantime, don’t forget to enter to win the pair of jeans and $500 cash card here!

Images taken by MEB, Inc. for A Piece of Toast

(gifted 7 For All Mankind Jeans // J.Crew Jacket (similar) // Zoe Karssen T-Shirt // 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli (similar) // gifted Sole Society Booties // Persol Sunnies // Nixon Watch // gifted DCI Bracelet)

1. Albertina Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm

great photos! Go Sally! and Molly you look beautiful! So glad you got your Pashli bag!! yeay! I love the color on you.

2. Meghan Silva Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I can totally relate (in a way) grocery shopping makes me happy and I also eat cereal with cows milk ,loving the outfit too , you look great!

xo Meg

3. Brittanny Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 6:18 pm

very true, how stocking your fridge with healthy ingredients just makes you feel better!
    check on my blog http://www.seamystyle.blogspot.com
    <3 BM

4. Gabrielle | Savvy Home Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 12:25 am

Other than the fact that your outfit is pretty much perfect, you're making me want to go red. Your hair color is absolutely stunning!!

5. Rebecca Henreckson Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 1:03 am

I absolutely adore that ruffled jacket! cute outfit. :)

6. Dana McDowell Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 1:10 am

Kinda jealous of all that produce! The last time we bought fresh it went bad sooo fast. Can't wait for spring and summer.

7. Kristina Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 1:43 am

That bag is absolutely stunning! I always feel the same way when I plan ahead for grocery shopping instead of impulsively grabbing stuff.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

8. Erin Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 3:43 am

I love the ruffles in your jacket! And that's such a fun t-shirt.

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

9. Erin Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I know what you mean about trying to eat healthier. I've been making lists and cutting coupons so I actually make myself go there. It's been working so far so hopefully it lasts!
    xoxo

10. New Year, New Vision #2 Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 7:42 pm

[...] for 7 For All Mankind and the “New Year, New Vision” campaign (see my first post here!) focused on being active.  I admit, even with a gym just a hop and skip away from my desk [...]