Remember when I begged you all for feedback about things you’d like to see more of on the blog? Well a lot of you voiced that you were beauty junkies and would love to see some of the products we love. As a beauty junkie myself, I totally see where you’re coming from… I always want to know what people use and swear by – and I’m also the person that will randomly ask a complete stranger, “Your eyelashes are insane, what mascara are you wearing?!” So today I’m going to share four affordable and drugstore stocked products that are rocking my face off (literally).
- Maybelline Clean Express: It’s not your average greasy, liquid remover – it’s a gel like substance that gets off all your eye goop quickly and easily with minimal rubbing (less lashes lost!) and much less mess. I put a little bit on a kleenex or toilet paper (I’m fancy) and boom, clean and ready for bed. But what makes it super magical and worthy of sharing is that it’s amazing for cleaning eye liner brushes… I use Smashbox’s Jet Set liner and this brush and while I love them both, the gel formula is kind of hard to get off the tiny liner brush. One day I put a little but of Clean Express in my palm, swirled the caked brush bristles gently in it and was pleasantly surprised to see all that junk come completely off the brush. Maybelline probably doesn’t recommend Clean Express for this kind of practice but meh, the “quick-break technology” works in more ways than one for me!
- Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara: I. love. my. lashes. They are my biggest beauty vice… I get them dyed each month, use this magic treatment to make them “freakishly” long (thanks, Mom!), and have what I think is the best lash curler ever. But finding a favorite mascara has been such a battle. I’ve tried cheap and expensive, asked experts and friends, have tested and tried, bought and returned. I think I love one and then a week later it’s flaking all over my face, giving me racoon eyes, or is so horrible to take off at the end of the day that I go back to the drawing board. Mega Plush guys, Mega Plush. I lurve it. It’s a gel-mouse formula that builds volume and gives length without getting caky or getting stiff. My lashes feel like butter (just go with it…) and look natural vs. spidery. No flaking! I’ve noticed that after a mid-day yoga sesh I that a little will rub on my lids, but that’s it. I don’t use it on my bottom lashes (because I’m keeping those bare these days and if I do wear it I use this to preventing the possibility of racoon circles).
- Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller: I was skeptical of this guy… Smoke in mirrors, is what I thought. My under eye circles are quite the sight in the morning and typically the only thing that makes them better is a nice layer of clown make-up concealer. But after a few days of using the eye roller after washing and moisturizing my face in the morning, I noticed that my circles were less noticeable and the whole area just looked and felt more “awake.” I know that’s not a great description, but I like it and I can tell a difference when I don’t use it.
- Maybelline Baby Lips in “Pink Wink”: It’s a balm that gives my lips this really pretty pale pink tint that’s not too heavy and not at all sticky. I’m addicted to wearing it.
You like that little tray that my beauty tricks are sitting on? It was a gift from Bailey and you can get yours here! Mine sits on my bed-side table and is perfect for catching stray bottles of nail polish and matchboxes. Priorities, you know…
Image taken by MBM for A Piece of Toast
* This is not a sponsored post. I just think these products are awesome.