Excited to pass the requested Millet Muffin recipe on to you all from yesterday’s May Day project! It seems like every time we go home our mom has a fresh batch of these ready and waiting…they are so good and the millet seeds add an awesome texture. Hope you enjoy and let us know if you make them!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 10 Tablespoons millet
- 2 cups flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375
- Beat egg and brown sugar well with electric mixer.
- Add the melted butter and 1/2 of the buttermilk.
- Stir in millet, sift flour (*we used gluten-free flour substitute Cup4Cup), baking powder, baking soda and salt together and add to the other ingredients.
- Add the other 1/2 of the buttermilk. **Do not mix the muffins together too much or the texture will not be good.
- Place in greased muffin tins or use liners (we used liners – easy clean-up).
Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins and we doubled this recipe when we made ours. Store any leftover millet in the freezer for next time. Highly suggest enjoying these with a little butter and maybe honey (:
Image taken by MBM for A Piece of Toast // Muffins made for our Grown Up May Day project!