1. Ashley Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 5:31 pm

I love following your blog as well as Biscuit Home and happen to live in Houston so I get to actually stop by and shop at Biscuit. However, I think decorBase is just another means of advertisement for Biscuit and the design services they offer, not to mention the high price tag on most of the decorating items. I was let down by the website and really only see this being for the people with a higher budget to decorate. As someone who loves to decorate and budget friendly I cannot say I would recommend this to the general population.

2. info@decorbase.com Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Hi Ashley!

We’re sorry to hear about your experience with our site. We’d love your feedback about where you shop as we created this as a more “open source” design tool for all different users and budgets. At the moment we have over 10,000 products on the site, with a primary focus on goods priced under $1000, and we continue to add more products every single day.

New stores that will have a presence on our site include Joss and Main, Land of Nod, and Pottery Barn (among others), but we would love to know if you’re looking for other stores or just more products within a certain price point.

Hopefully you’ll let us know and give us another chance. Thanks for your feedback!

3. Rachael Baldwin Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 7:12 am

Beautiful site – what an endless supply of interior goodies! I especially love the hollywood sofa! Dream couch :)

4. Jacquelyn | lark & linen Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Um, this is BRILLIANT! As an interior designer myself I have a good feeling it’s going to save me a TON of time

5. a lovely being Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 6:22 pm

This is such a wonderful idea! I work as an assistant to a traditional-meets-modern interior designer in Kansas City, and my boss and I will spend HOURS searching for the perfect products for our clients. We’ve compiled a list of websites whose products we love, but bouncing from site to site can be time consuming. This seems to be the answer to our prayers, and will save our clients money in the long run as we’ll log less hours.

In regards to Ashley’s comment, I have a few thoughts! I totally get that interior design is expensive, and not everyone can afford to go all out all at once (in fact, I think that the best projects are done over time). But I like to think of designing a home like building a wardrobe. Investing in high-quality basics is the smartest thing you can do! You could buy a million trendy pieces from Forever 21, but they’ll last a season. You’ll grow tired of them. The quality will bum you out. For the same amount of money, you could invest in one or two beautiful pieces that will last for years.

That ikea sofa may be cheaper than a Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams one, but in a few years you’ll be tempted to sell it on craigslist for 1/20th of the price originally paid. Then, you’ll buy a new one. A higher-quality piece with a lifetime warranty would ultimately be cheaper!

Do I sprinkle my apartment with steals from Home Goods and Target? Of course I do! You can find some pretty rad things there. However, I’ll always buy the basics from reputable companies who stand by their products. In a world where throwaway fashion seems to be the norm, I find comfort in knowing that my sofa won’t fall apart before the next season of “House of Cards” airs. I learned this lesson the hard way and I won’t make the same mistake again!

Alright. Off of my soapbox for the time being. Congrats to the DecorBase team for a job well done!

6. Emily Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Fun! For someone who has a hard time visualizing spaces and colors, this is really helpful.