I already mentioned yesterday how pleased I was about 2015 being here. It feels like there are so many fresh possibilities. I found this quote by Neil Gaiman on Instagram (@dominomag!) and thought it was kind of fitting for what I'm hoping for in the new year:
"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and some good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who things you're wonderful. And don't forget to make some art - write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."
I was reflecting on last year’s resolution post (look at how tiny Blue Moonbeam is!) and I can honestly say that I successfully accomplished four my six goals. As cheesy as it might be making a list each year, I love doing it being able to look back on them. So let’s do this, 2015!
1. Financial Advisor. I’ve been working on this for a while and it’s my first action item for 2015. I seriously cannot wait to set up a retirement fund, have help managing my personal and business finances, hire an accountant for all taxes, and get advice on saving. Being an entrepreneur means being your own boss – which is awesome – and managing a ton of numbers. It has been something that’s overwhelmed me for a long time and hiring experts is going to let me focus on the creative side of the blog more.
2. Creative Sabbatical. When I went to Alt Summit in January 2013 there was a really interesting artist who spoke about the sabbaticals he would take as a way to recharge, re-inspire, and take time away from his business to create. I’ll admit that I thought this was irresponsible and crazy. But after feeling uninspired towards the blog and noticing my lacking of passion for months I think a creative sabbatical is just what I need in this new year.
3. Business Cards. We’ve had a new logo for months and I have yet to have business cards made. I’m putting an end to this procrastination and putting in an order for some cards with our friends at Ellis Hill later this week.
4. Be Active. I can’t explain why but I have been avoiding working out for about…six months now. It’s a combination of not wanting to leave Blue during the day and not being able to get myself on a good schedule. No more…I know that my bod needs some physical activity so I have more energy during the day and sleep better at night. My plan is to sign-up for some new workout classes that are at a consistent time each day. I’d also love to take Blue on at least two walks a day – my boy needs his exercise, too!
5. Bunions. I’ve got them on my feet. And aside from being unsightly, they hurt more and more with each coming year. I’m promising myself to see a specialist about them in 2015. (insert scared face emoji)
6. Social Media. Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest have become my least favorite friends. But I want to reconnect with them because it means connecting better with all of you fine people.
7. See More Movies. I love seeing movings almost as much as I love reading…but I never seem to get to the theaters and this makes me sad. So this year I’m going to make sure I go see what I want to. Even if it means going solo.
What about you guys…any resolutions? Any big plans for 2014?