Two weekends ago I had the honor (as the maid-of-honor) to throw Sally a Bachelorette Weekend. I don't feel like I have been super involved or helpful in planning the wedding so putting together a fun weekend for Sal and her girls was really my moment to step up and dare I say, shine. I got really into it...way more into it than I thought I would. And my first task was to pick where this festive few days would happen. After talking to some of her bridesmaids and friends I decided that because the wedding is a little difficult to get to that I would try and make the Bachelorette Weekend as easy as possible and make sure everyone could truly relax and not have to worry about anything while there. Bailey was kind enough to offer up her Shmamptons country home in Bellville, Texas and it was the most perfect, cozy, carefree environment for everyone to twist off and celebrate the bride-to-be.
Once I had settled on the spot I started thinking about details. Before I even planned what I would cook or how much booze to buy, I began to brainstorm about some sort of gift I could give Sally and each of the girls attending the weekend. I know how tough it can be for people to step away from work and families (particularly new babies!), pay to travel, and take time away from life so I wanted to create welcome bags as a way to thank everyone for traveling and making time to celebrate Sal. My brain automatically thought to reach out to Hayden Reis about getting some of their amazing sailcloth tote bags and filling them with goodies. We have worked with Emily at Hayden Reis several times and adore her and her products…both Sally and I use our HR totes all the time, especially at the pool and beach. Emily and I decided that Middy Totes with metallic leather stripes in pink and blue would be perfect and I can’t get over how perfectly they turned out and all the girls were blown away when I doled them out.
I didn’t just want to put “stuff” in the tote bags – I wanted each item to be something people would like and use. I made a list of some of products Sally and I absolutely love and can’t live without and was beyond lucky to work with some of our favorite people to stock the bags…here is what was in each Hayden Reis Middy Tote:
- Turkish T Basic Towel, Terry Lined with Zipper Pocket: we first wrote about Turkish T products here and they have become a cozy obsession. I had the pleasure of working with the brand’s founder, Sue, to determine the perfect Turkish T product to put in the welcome bags. We decided that their new Terry Lined Basic Towel would be perfect…it’s made with the same soft Turkish cotton on one side and shaved terry cloth on the other, making it perfect for the pool and beach. The best part about it is the small zipper pocket in one of the bottom corners – great for stowing sunglasses, hair ties, and such. All the girls looooved the towels and we used them by pool and as wraps throughout the weekend.
- Tata Harper Volumizing Lip & Cheek Tint and Aromatic Stress Treatment: Tata Harper products are like gold…they are so luxurious and both Sally and I love all the things we have by the brand. Putting some Tata products in the totes was a no-brainer and worked with Clare, Tata’s Creative Content & Online Marketing Manager, to think about what items would be fun for all the girls to receive. We determined that a little lip & cheek tint in the popular “Nice” hue along with some Aromatic Stress Treatment were the perfect duo for girls on the go. Both were a hit and loved seeing people using them.
- Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kits: the minimergency kits by Pinch Provisions are one of my favorite little gifts to give – mainly because I keep one in my car, travel bags, desk drawer, and bedside table. They are so tiny but hold everything a girl could need. Bridesmaids got these, my mama got this, and everyone else got regular minimergency kits…except Sally. The lucky little bride took home this “Bridetastic Kit” that is so well stocked for the wedding day that I know she will be more than prepared!
- Truffle Clarity Pouches: Sally and I really can’t live without Truffle bags. The clear clutches and pouches keep us organized while the privacy clutches are go-to bags for day and night use. One of the founders, Sarah, lives in San Francisco and she has been so sweet and awesome to Sally…Sarah suggested we give each girl one of the small clarity pouches and I loved choosing a color for each person and used them to hold the pretty packages of Tata products.
- BaubleBar Meme Alphabet Bracelets: an assortment of our favorite things would not be complete without something from BaubleBar. At any give time I either have on a piece of jewelry by the company and/or several pieces in my handbag. The fun, trendy jewelry never fails to make a statement and I always love getting to work with my friend Grace (blogger bestie who also works for BaubleBar) to discover what items are new and must-haves. Grace and I both thought that the Meme Alphabet Bracelets were both hilarious and cute – perfect for a group of Bachelorette girls.
- COOLA Sport spf 30 Spray and Face spf 30 Matte Tint: I couldn’t have pool and beach essentials without including some sunscreen. COOLA products are made with up to 97% certified organic ingredients and everyone loved how the spray and face tint smelled and how light the formulas were. Both of these are going to be great for Florida!
- Plum Pretty Sugar Eye Masks: is there any novelty item more fun than a girly eye mask? I don’t think so. I figured the girls could use these to make sure they got some extra shuteye over the weekend and even on the flight back home. Plum Pretty Sugar is known for their robes (I’m sure you’ve seen them in a lot of getting ready wedding photos) and I love that I got to include something with their signature printed fabric in the totes!
The final touches for the totes were mini bottles of Tito’s Vodka (Sally’s must-have for her favorite greyhound cocktails) and hang tags with everyone’s name. I bought a bunch of colorful and neon ribbon from Michael’s but couldn’t settle on any name tags that I liked. So I made the last minute decision (at midnight, the night before the Bachelorette Weekend) to make tags out of some leftover white ostrich leather. It was kind of a labor of love but I’m obsessed with out the tags turned out and think they are the perfect touch of “Texas country” to commemorate the weekend.
If you’re wondering what we did out there in the county all weekend it went something like this: eating, drinking, laughing, pool time, pond time, fishing, lounging, cuddling, eating, drinking, laughing, watching Blue interact with the cows, laughing, drinking, eating the Barbie Bride cake (my crowning moment was presenting that), laughing, gazing at electric sunsets and foggy sunrises, eating, watching Sally open lots of pretty lingerie (I gave her the Stella McCartney undies!), laughing, eating, and getting sad to say goodbye to everyone.
The weekend really went by way too quickly but I absolutely loved seeing how much fun Sally and her girls had. Sal is so lucky to have such loving, sweet, and hilarious friends in her life and I’m so thankful that they could all make the trip to Texas. I think the wedding is going to be even more fun now that everyone knows each other a little better…the count down to being together at the beach is in full swing!
P.S. Sally and Bailey are wearing Mi Golondrina tops and dresses in the photos.
A huge thank you to all the brands who made the welcome bags possible. I am so thankful for the relationships and friendships I have with each of you!