We admit it, we aren't necessarily the best at sporadicly sharing the bits and pieces of our day to day lives. The thing is, we are both always chattering back and forth about new discoveries, inspiration, and life stuff with each other - we forget that all the things we are liking and doing might be of interest to y'all. So with that in mind, we bring you "Current Vibes." We hope this on-going series will help us be better about divulging the details that sometimes get lost through the cracks as we create the content for this here blog. Feel free to share anything you're currently loving/doing/crazy about/want to put into the universe...we're always curious about what you guys are up to. (read on for those vibez)
1. LEAVING // FOR ST. BARTS! After months of waiting and counting down we leave tomorrow for St. Barts to celebrate the 30th birthdays of two of our best friends. It’s going to be crazy amazing and we’re crazy excited. In preparation, we’ve been reading about what to expect via write-ups like this and this. Looking forward to snapping some images to share when we get back next week.
2. EYEING // STEPHANIE FISHWICK: Have you noticed Stephanie Fishwick’s stunning wedding invitations popping up on you Pinterest feed? Because they’ve been all over ours. And we’re glad – because curiously clicking over to her site led us to discovering her offering of custom Heirloom Timelines. The commissioned pieces commemorate milestones, family history, and more. Seems like a beautiful way to display special memories. Filing this one away for the future…
3. TWINNING // SEQUIN & CRYSTAL ROSE EARRINGS: We aren’t twins – but sometimes we act like it. Especially when we buy the same thing without knowing the other also bought it or when we accidentally match. Our most recent twinning buy happened to be these show-stopping J.Crew Sequin & Crystal Rose Earrings. They are so awesomely over the top…you can’t really blame us for both going after them.
4. SENDING // LOVE NOTES: Valentine’s Day is a favorite holiday for us and our family. Our mom has always made a big deal about making us feel super loved on February 14th and thus, we always get excited to shop for the best cards for the people we love. This year we may or may not have picked up a few designs from Dear Hancock and Rifle Paper Co.
5. OBSESSING // VINTNER’S DAUGHTER SERUM: We’ve both been using what some have described as “Unicorn Tears” and the “the face oil to end all face oils.” As far as we can tell, Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum is as magic as all the testimonials promise. And may even be better. Expect a full Beauty Dish post soon but know that we are telling you know so you can start preparing yourself to spend $180 on the 1 ounce bottle.
6. INSPIRED BY // CUYANA: Cuyana is always on our radar and their “fewer, better” philosophy is something that we don’t always adhere to but we definitely try to strive for. If you’ve got a minute or two, we suggest checking out the following: the inspiration behind their Spring Collection and this short but worthy take on making home a space for inspiration and function. And after you read those bits, go see this Tassel Keychain. It’s going to be our go-to gift for those with spring birthdays.
7. MISSING // NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: We haven’t been to NYFW in two long years. And while we don’t truly miss the chaos that is Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and all that comes with it, there is a part of us that wishes we could briefly teleport in and out to see our friends and a few select shows. Especially the Lela Rose show – the Texas-born designer can really do no wrong in our eyes.