Since finding out I was pregnant (and even before that if I'm being honest) I've been all about oversized, loose, slouchy, and longggg tops. So it's a little ironic that I've been wearing a cropped coat so much. Cropped items are not something I usually harbor in my closet...I love the look on other people but feel more comfortable in pieces that go past my waist and skim or cover my hips. But Cuyana came out with this coat in a trench-weight in the spring and after trying it on at the trunk show they had in Dallas, I fell in love with the structured silhouette and boxy, cropped shape. I've loved layering it over my longer blouses, tees and shirts for some contrast in length and because it looks so good unbuttoned, it's been great for my almost-baby bump (still waiting to "pop" over here).
The coat I’m wearing is the aforementioned “trench” version (a little lighter in weight) but the style is currently available in a beautiful Italian wool and the color is pretty much identical to the one I have…
Did you all watch the SAG Awards last night? I missed the red carpet so I’m having fun playing catch-up this morning and checking out all the head-to-toe looks. So many gorgeous-looking ladies and I love seeing how everyone does their hair and makeup to compliment the gowns and accessories. So fun that our friend Grace got to go and be part of the action!
I honestly cannot believe that we are just days from February. January always feels slow, but once February comes things seem to get busy again. I'm already feeling much more in the swing of 2017 and have spent the week getting back on a regular workout schedule and giving our dogs their two-a-day walks. Going to try to keep the walks up until the very end of my pregnancy so they get lots of attention before their baby brother bear comes. I find that the walks are just as beneficial for me too - its and instant pick me up just being outside in the fresh air, no matter how tired I may be! (read on to get the sales + steals)
This + That:
- A. FAVORITE READ // A Big Post About Blogging via The Stripe (This post Grace wrote with blogging tips, tricks, and advice is amazing…)
- B. FAVORITE PIN // this via @vibes
- C. FAVORITE INSTAGRAM //@lesleemitchell (I got a huge smile when I saw this pop up in my feed – Leslee took this shot at my wedding! I cried because I couldn’t keep the florals. Seeing this reminded me that I need to get some prints made from that day!)
- D. FAVORITE OUTFIT // Somewhere, Lately (Styling a sweatshirt? Girl after my own heart!)
- Ann Taylor: 40% off dresses and skirts for a limited time only! (I love how cute and classic this is.)
- Ariel Gordon: 25% off site wide with code LOVEISLOVE! Offer ends 2/6 – so make sure you get shopping and scoop goodies in time for Valentine’s Day!
- ASOS: Final clearance – up to 70% off! (This textured sweatshirt is really neat, and of course, I love the fact that its white. Also loving this twist on a classic chambray button down – might just have to order!)
- Banana Republic: The spring collection has arrived! 40% off regular priced items with code BRSTYLE. (The stripe of this is really interesting and different – dying to see it in person. This is SO pretty to wear come spring with a pair of denim.)
- Bloomingdales: New markdowns taken – save up to 80% off. (These are some of my favorite classic sneakers and this price can’t be beat!)
- Bluemercury: Show your eyes some love with 8 free favorite FREE treats when you spend $125 with code EYELOVE. (I’m kind of dying for one of these but wish I could try it first!)
- Calypso St. Barth: Enjoy an extra 60% off sale! (This is a great white dress – I absolutely love all of the detailing.)
- Club Monaco: New styles added – up to 50% off sale. (Its been chillier here and I really wish I had this to wear out to dinner tomorrow night-so cute and cozy.)
- Gap: 35% off regular priced styles + extra 40% off sale with code HAPPY. (I have a serious obsession with PJs and genuinely wear every set I own. My friend Hannah got these and I’m now needing a pair for myself. I also think these are pretty cute too. Oh, and these. You wear lots of PJS postpartum right?!)
- Intermix: New styles added – extra 40% off sale. (I bet this shirt is unbelievably soft as most by this brand are.)
- J.Crew: In stores and online – 40% off final sale styles with code GETSHOPPING. (Love this twist on a classic trench!)
- J.Crew Factory: Online only – up to 50% off everything!
- LOFT: 40% off full priced styles – in stores and online. (SO many good scarves to be had!)
- Lulu Frost: Winter sale! New styles added – up to 60% off select styles. (How amazing are these? They would go with everything from a white t-shirt to a black dress. LOVE, love them)
- Mango: Sale – up to 70% off!! (The price of this is SO good and its super practical for now going into spring.)
- Matches Fashion: Final reductions! Enter code EXTRA20 at checkout. (How cool are these?)
- Net-A-Porter: Enter code SALE20 at checkout for an additional 20% off items labeled ‘Sale Must Have’!
- Old Navy: 25% off your order through today with code ENJOY! (This is selling out fast, which must mean that its pretty good.)
- Saks: Final sale – up to 75% off! (I’m trying to slowly stock up on classic baby pieces like this that I know will be worn constantly.)
- Serena and Lily: Enjoy 20% off baskets and storage with code GETORGANIZED. (I’ve been wanting one of these to use as a laundry hamper for our nursery, and now is the perfect chance for me to scoop one up!)
- Sephora: Sephora flash – free two day shipping for a year for only $10. No minimum purchase. (I always think its such a steal when they do this and it saves you a trip to the mall which is always ideal. I actually bought this in there today and am already obsessed.)
- Steve Madden: Boot sale – select styles as low as $50! (Really like how simple this pair is.)
- TIBI: Sale finale – extra 15% off sale with code ENDOFSALE through 1/31. (
- West Elm: The sleep in and save event – 25% off bedding!
You'd think that a pajama-style top would make me want to stay in bed...but that's not the case with this shirt I got a while back from J.Crew. I had been wanting a button-up blouse with a pj look (it's all in the contrast piping, you know) for a while and loved the blue and red color combo of this one so much, I knew it needed to be part of my closet. It might not be silky or done in satin (which a lot of pajama-style shirts are) but the cotton makes it really wearable and great for day-to-night styling.
Fun fact: the pj shirt I'm wearing here is on sale. But in limited sizes. Which means I've rounded up several other favorite pajama blouses worthy of scooping up...
More pajama style blouses to love: this white with black piping (also here), this navy and white stripe, this white with navy pinstripes, this black and white stripe with a floral print collar, love the all-over print on this, this wrap style is so pretty, this classic black with white trim, this navy satin number, this is another navy number but piped in white, and I love how this one is color blocked!