In case you missed it, a few weeks ago the Groundhog saw his shadow - which of course means six more weeks of winter for both him and us. The good news? We only have a little over 2 weeks left of the "winter weather." But let's be honest, spring just can't come soon enough. I for one am absolutely craving a warm-weather getaway...ideally something tropical and luxurious that involves sand, ocean water, and a true vacation vibe.
If you're nodding your head and also envisioning a similar situation, we're all in luck! Some incredible brand have partnered together to give one winner the ultimate winter escape to St. Barth's! The trip is almost too good to be true...a Caribbean trip for two complete with a 3 night stay at St. Barth's Le Guanahani, 2 roundtrip tickets from San Juan to St. Barth on Tradewind Aviation, and over $3,000 in prizes from Frances Valentine, Whit NY, and SteamLine Luggage. On top of all that goodness, the winner will also get a 1 year subscription of AFAR Magazine - a most ideal way to satiate and inspire more travel wanderlust.
I've already mentally packed my bags and am crossing all my fingers in hopes that I win. And if I don't win, I would love for one of you sweet A Piece of Toast readers to be the ones to escape! Enter now with your email address - you have nine days to do so - and get as many as 21 extra entries by following the social media accounts of all the fantastic brands and companies participating. Easy peasy! (read more for additional details and info!)
Escape the winter with a trip to the Caribbean:
- $1,000 of Frances Valentine Accessories
- $1,000 of Clothing from Whit NY
- Carryon & Vanity Case from SteamLine Luggage
- 3 Night Stay in St. Barth’s Le Guanahani Resort*
- 2 Roundtrip Tickets from San Juan to St. Barth on Tradewind Aviation
- 1 Year Subscription of AFAR Magazine
To enter, click here and submit your email address. All entries must be submitted by March 8th, 2017. One winner will be selected and notified thereafter. Good luck!
*One (1) three night stay for two guests to be redeemed anytime in the next calendar year. Blackout dates apply + partial travel voucher.
I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and am feeling a mix of surreal anticipation as we get closer and closer to our due date. Dressing my growing belly has been...interesting. I mentioned a few weeks ago that bump panel maternity jeans (these and these) were one of my only true "maternity" clothing buys - but now that it's harder to wear my non-maternity blousy tops and oversized shirts (mainly because they get too short) I scooped up a few tops specially designed for le bump and am loving how comfy they are. Case and point with the striped HATCH bateau shirt you see here. It's pretty fitting that the shirt is called the "Date Night Top" because I wore it recently on a date with my husband. We've really been trying to keep the routine of getting out of the house Thursday nights for dinner in hopes that we'll continue the date night after our bebe arrives.
I’ve always been a fan of off the shoulder tops – and have a nice collection in my closet – but the bateau knit of The Date Night Top makes it ultra comfortable and super soft. It’s almost like wearing a fave t-shirt but the shoulder-baring style and easy stripes take it up a notch!
Oooooh Sally and I just love award season! And of course, the grand finale - The Academy Awards - is this Sunday. Which means we have a special sister shindig watching planned. Everything just seems better when we watch together...we think it has to do with our complimentary yet different personalities and opinions. From favorite dresses on the red carpet to favorite presenters and which nominees we have picked to win - it's our ying and yang commentary that makes taking in the Oscars (and all the other award shows from earlier in the season) so fun.
To celebrate the big night we'll be donning cozy sweatpants (duh), gathering our pups (naturally), and indulging in delicious treats (necessary). This year our snacking spread is focused on sweet and savory. After some voting (it is award season, after all!) we determined that Toffifay would be the ideal something sweet to go along side truffle popcorn. A little test drive of the pairing while filling out our personal Oscar ballots (we downloaded ours from here) proved that it's a match made in heaven!
If you’ve never had Toffifay, let us tell you that it’s seriously one incredible candy…we’re girls who love chocolate but prefer it to pack a punch of flavor and Toffifay fits our criteria in spades. Nestled into golden trays are little caramel cups filled with a whole hazelnut and topped with chocolate. Chewy, crunchy and smooth…the combo is addictive and irresistible.
Toffifay is delectable on its own but eating it along side popcorn – especially popcorn topped with buttery truffle oil and parmesan cheese – just makes it even more yum. Here’s how we made our truffle popcorn:
- 1/2 cup corn kernels popped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons black truffle oil
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Directions: Melt butter (best done on the stove over low heat) and combine truffle oil. Pop kernels (we use this air popper!). Pour butter and truffle oil mixture over popcorn and toss. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and toss again.
Trust us when we say that this is one winning snacking pair! We highly suggest getting in on the Toffifay action while you get cozy for your own Oscar viewing!
We got lucky with the most glorious weather here the past two days. I think yesterday it was almost 90 and the day before definitely in the 80's. I took advantage and wore a Mi Golondrina dress for the first time in months and exposed my pale legs to the masses. I've also been doing "two-a-days" with our dogs and taking them on long walks twice a day. Hoping to continue this as long as I can until baby comes! This weekend we have some serious catching up to do on the Oscar nominee movies. Any favorites that we can't miss? (read on to get the sales + steals)
This + That:
- A. FAVORITE READ // “The 9 Best Things You Can Do For A More Restful Sleep” via The Coveteur (My pregnancy has me as sleeping like a professional napper during the day and an insomniac by night…all tips to get a good night’s sleep are welcome!)
- B. FAVORITE PIN // this via VOGUE (Ohhhemmgee Caroline Trentini and her two babies are killing me! Saw the full spread in the March issue of VOGUE and it’s just too beautiful to handle)
- C. FAVORITE INSTAGRAM // @summerthorntondesign
- D. FAVORITE OUTFIT // The Style Bungalow
- Ann Taylor: Limited time only – 40% off all sweaters with code SWEATERS. (This lantern sleeve sweater in white is perfect for spring weather with a pair of jeans and flats.)
- ASOS: Outlet – up to 60% off Spring steals! (Loving this color for some brightness on a rainy day. Also, doesn’t this look kind of Gucci-esque?)
- Bloomingdales: Get a $20 bMoney gift card every time you spend $100 through 2/26! (My favorite section to shop? The “tops under $100“, because who wants to spend more than $100 on a single top?! This is SO pretty and the price is great. Also love this one. Both are perfect for spring with dark or white denim.)
- Calypso St. Barth: Enjoy an extra 60% off sale. (The perfect spring-time top!)
- CB2: Limited time – up to 20% off select black & white through 2/27! (Love these.)
- domino: Wall decor sale – 20% off! (I’ve always really liked the look of these.)
- H&M: Free shipping on orders over $40 with code 0040. (This would be pretty cute over jeans now and as a dress when it warms up!)
- J.Crew: Online only – up to $50 off and free shipping on denim through TODAY! (How cool are these?)
- J.Crew Factory: Online only: 40-50% off everything! (This has good reviews and is such a classic piece.)
- LOFT: 30% off blouses, jackets, pants, and skirts. (Never underestimate the power of a good black blouse.)
- Nordstrom: Winter sale! Save up to 40% off now through 2/26. (Considering ordering this to see if it works with the bump. Could have potential! Have a black tie/dressier wedding? The color combo of this dress is amazing and it looks flattering.)
- Serena and Lily: Enjoy 20% off at the upholstery shop with code DREAMLOOK.
- Sephora: Free two day shipping for a year, no minimum purchase required, for only $10!
- Tuckernuck: New markdowns! 20% off all sale items with code EXTRA20. (I’ve been dying for one of these Kule striped tops for awhile now!)
- Waiting on Martha: Take an additional 40% off already reduced prices in the sale with code WAREHOUSESALE! (These are sweet to place on bookshelves in a living room or a child’s room.)