Author: Molly Miller (Left)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Owner of white lab pups blue moonbeam and Rosebud, Molly's primary job is running the blog and keeping up with her collection of white shirts. She tends to be the more tomboy + edgy sister and she's crazy about pizza and ripped jeans.
Toast: Butter + Strawberry jelly, or avocado + red pepper
Author: Sally Miller Walker (Right)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Sally's passion and career is as an early childhood education teacher. she has a weakness for sweets and shopping on line and plays more with pinks, pattern, and color than Molly. Currently listening to: vampire weekend.
Toast: Butter + Cinnamon + Sugar, or peanut butter
Friday, Friday, Friday! The weather in Dallas is beyond glorious out - which may call for a lunch outside if I can break my husband away from working. Last night we went out to dinner (Thursday night date night) and sat outside and it was SO nice. This is the time of year here where it isn't too hot and the weather is just right, so we are taking full advantage. We also got desert at Steel City Pops after dinner and I've decided that I may become a regular. I really haven't had many cravings while pregnant, besides maybe cold lemonade or smoothies/acai bowls, but I told my husband that their vanilla bean popsicles may become somewhat of a craving these last few weeks of my pregnancy. So. Good. (read on to get the sales + steals)
Banana Republic: Online and in stores – 40% off your purchase. (Absolutely obsessed with everything about this. Picturing it with a great pair of ripped denim.)
BaubleBar: 3 days only – extra 20% off sale for a savings of up to 70% off. (These would make for a great gift – buy two sets and keep one for yourself!)
Calypso St. Barth: Enjoy an extra 30% off newest sale styles! (This is a nice bump-friendly dress as the tie around the waist is optional and could be tied to sit above a bump!)
CB2: Up to 20% off select outdoor furniture. (Ironically, we were just talking about investing in some outdoor furniture over dinner tonight. We both love the idea of a sectional with a coffee table to place under a covered area we have. How cool is this outdoor dining table?)
Gap: 40% off your purchase with code TODAY. (Loving the honey color and style of these and the fact that they aren’t too tall!)
Intermix: Spend more/save more sale! Save up to 25% off! (Next Christmas, a Veronica Beard hooded blazer is going to be at the tip, top of my wish list. I love how classic/casual they are and every time I see someone wearing one I can’t help but think how cool they look. How good is thisversion for Spring/Summer? Would have been perfect for the San Francisco weather!)
J.Crew: Extra 40% off sale styles with code SALETIME. (The sleeves of this take it up a notch from your every day button down. Of course I’m drawn to the black and white version!)
J.Crew Factory: Online only – extra 50% off clearance with code ALLMINE.
Madewell: Sale! 20% off $100+ and 30% off $200+ with code NOTKIDDING. (This looks like the most perfect striped, t-shirt dress!)
Old Navy: In stores and online – 40% off your entire purchase! (How cute is this? I love the light wash. Perfect for our HOT Dallas summers when you wish clothes were optional. This is such a good white dress and not too short! Also obsessed with these cutoffs in the pale pink color.)
Steve Madden: Spring sale! Select styles up to 50% off. (These are pretty cute, no?!)
West Elm: Free shipping + buy more save more – up to 30% off!
Spring is nearly in full bloom in Dallas...the gorgeous warm weather has us ready to shed the layers, slip our feet into sandals and break out the breezy dresses. As we leave March behind and head into April the two of us are anxiously awaiting May and the arrival of Sally's sweet baby (less than 5 weeks to go!). Being that we're feeling particularly seasonal and festive, we think there's no better way to celebrate this exciting transitional time than with a festive POP-UP event with a few of our most favorite brands...
Next Tuesday, April 4th - our wonderful friends at The Loveliest will be hosting an exclusive shopping event with HATCH and The Tot and we get to co-host along side our dear blogging bestie Hannah of Not My Circus! If you're not familiar, HATCH is a collection of chic clothing for before, during and after pregnancy. Whether you're a mama-to-be (like Sally), a mama who recently had a little one (like Hannah), or just a woman who loves comfortable and wearable styles (like Molly), HATCH has silhouettes that can take you from one life stage to the other without sacrificing an ounce of style. We just adore them as a company and are beyond obsessed with their current Spring/Summer collection! And since this sweet shopping event is slightly skewed towards mommies and mommies-to-be, it's just too perfect to have The Tot popping up along side them...the Dallas-based company is a go-to for all things mama/child/baby and they'll be bringing an assortment of must-haves and more!
We so hope you'll be able to join us for what's going to be a fantastic day among friends...the combination of HATCH, The Tot, and The Loveliest is going to such a special brand trifecta, we don't want anyone to miss out on the fun! (read more to get all the details)
All the goodness you need to know:
.Place & Time: The Loveliest in Dallas (2417 Mahon Street), 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 4th.
.Shop & More: See and try on HATCH’s entire Spring/Summer 2017 collection and experience a fantastic selection of goodies The Tot while learning about their new Dallas registry and concierge services!
.Sip & Snack: Our friends from Bird Bakery will be serving up their delicious goodness of savory and sweet bites. Yum!
Don’t live close to Dallas? We will miss you dearly…but we’ll be sharing some of the fun from the event and you can follow @apieceoftoast and @notmycircusblog on Instagram so you can feel like you’re there!
First thing's first: Molly and I apologize for the lag in blog posts. She's been in Aurora, New York since Tuesday - visiting what sounds like the sweetest town ever and getting an up-close-and-personal view of Mackenzie-Childs (my jealously is beyond). She'll report back on all the magic she's been experiencing soon, but was without wifi for the first part of her trip and thus, we were bad bloggers this Tuesday and Wednesday. Please forgive us for getting you our weekly Current Vibes a day late!
Our mom comes in town tomorrow for a long weekend for one last baby shower before my due date (35 weeks!) and I couldn't be more excited for her to come. It's been awhile since she's been in Dallas for a visit that wasn't to help one of us with a move, so it will be fun to just hang. Aside from excitement over seeing her and other friends and family this weekend, I've got some good stuff on my brain... (read on for all of my vibes)
1. SAVORING // KEEPSAKE BOX: With less than 5 weeks until my due date, we are definitely in full “baby” mode around here and trying to take inventory of what we still need before his arrival. I am really trying to only focus on the absolute necessities that we will need right away, whereas things like a highchair can wait a while. Although it isn’t a “need” as much as a “want,” getting some sort of baby book is high on my list of must buys. I’m worried that if we don’t get one now, we’ll get too busy and forget all about it and having a place to store all the baby memorabilia I know we’ll start to accumulate is hugely important to my sentimental heart. But then again, there are some memories that can’t quite fit in the pages of a book. I came across the Keepsake Boxes by Savor on Pinterest and think that they are absolutely genius. Growing up we had “keepsake boxes” of our own in the form of plastic bins that slid under our bed to hold all of the little memories as time passed. Savor’s Baby Keepsake Box features tiny “drawers” where you can put things like first shoes, a blankie, first locks, or a rattle. There’s also a section with folders for more paper type items that you want to save. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a more visually appealing, yet also organized way to save all of your baby’s special pieces in one place!
2. CLEANING // DYSON CORDLESS: We recently got this vacuum (the practical part of my husbands 30th birthday gift) after getting tired of lugging our big vacuum out for little messes that the dogs made all of the time. Maybe it has to do with my being pregnant, but it always seemed like such a task to get it out of the closet due to how heavy it was. After having Dyson’sCordless Animal Vacuum, which weighs only 5 pounds (!), for almost a month now, I am completely obsessed. The machine is beyond easy to use and fits under pieces of furniture and kitchen cabinets that our other vacuum couldn’t without an attachment which always drove me crazy. Having two big dogs that shed white fur on our dark wood floors, we are regularly vacuuming up tumbleweeds of hair (TMI?) and this has made that task SO much easier and dare I say even rewarding. I love that the vacuum mounts on the wall so it is easy to plug into the charger when it runs out of its 40 minutes of charge. The easy access of it hanging on the wall makes it that much more convenient to use, too. We’re actually looking at maybe investing in one of Dyson’sair purifiers next because my husband has such awful allergies. It doesn’t hurt that all of the products are pretty good looking, either!
3. LOVING // FLAT CUDDLE BEARS: I came across the Cuddle Bears by Elks & Angels years ago. Probably before I was even married. But as a teacher and one who has always loved all things for children, I never forgot about them. Now that we are about to have a baby of our own, one of these Cuddle Bears is at the top of my wish list. Is that completely crazy? I just think they’re beyond darling and different from your average “lovey.” I also appreciate that the bears are made of sheepskin which naturally resists bacteria, dirt, and odor. It is also hypoallergenic and never smells. All added bonuses to something that is bound to get a whole lot of love by a special someone. I mean, I’ll be honest, I don’t know the last time I washed my “lambie” that I still sleep with. Yikes. I plan to order one of these now and if our babe loves it as much as I am visualizing him to (ha!), then I will definitely need to scoop up a second (or third?) so that we never have a Knuffle Bunny situation!
4. OBSESSING // CR EMBROIDERED DRESS: I am constantly on the hunt for non-maternity pieces that I can wear now but also wear while not pregnant so that I don’t end up with a closet full of maternity items. The hardest part about this is that a lot of the cute dresses are too short and wearing them with a bigger bump like I have now, would make them inappropriately short. Most of the dresses I have bought that fit the bill are knee length or longer. Just don’t want to be that pregnant person in the risque dress. In fact, I’ve taken to wearing some of my shorter dresses that still fit more as tunics over white jeans. Cynthia Rowley consistently makes pieces that I am wanting to scoop up the moment I lay eyes on them. Classic pieces that are timeless and can hang in your closet forever. Right now, I am obsessing over her Polished Cotton Embroidered Dress which features a fuller skirt that would be perfect with my belly at the moment. Its warm here, but not too hot yet, so a dress with sleeves is perfect. And how cute are the elbow length sleeves with the ruffled hem? I love all three color versions – mauve, black and white – but I think I’m most drawn to the white (you can’t always count on a white shirt dress, ImIright?). I also love the contrast of the chartreuse embroidery against the white of the dress. Would be perfect with wedges for a date night or flat sandals for every day wear. I also love that the dress could be worn while breastfeeding due to the fact that it has a front placket opening! Thank you to Cynthia Rowley for giving my 35 week pregnant self an article of clothing to be excited about:)
5. TYING // DONNI CHARM x BAUBLEBAR: How adorable is this collab between Donni Charm (makers of amazing scarves) and BaubleBar? Mol and I consider scarves to be among our favorite accessories to spice up an outfit and these gingham neck scarves would be perfect going into spring with everything from a classic t-shirt to an off the shoulder dress. We love it wrapped around the wrist or the handle of a handbag just as much. The best part? They can be monogrammed with up to three letters. The letters almost look like they’ve been hand stitched, which I love. With Mother’s Day just around the corner, either of the three colors (black, pink, and yellow) would make for a darling gift for your mom or grandmother. Our Mimi (who we get our love of scarves from) would look precious sporting the black and white version. If only we could do four letters and make it say “MIMI.” (P.S. make sure you check out the entire “accessories” collection BaubleBar launched for spring…the other collaborative pieces are to die for!)
6. READING // THE NATURE OF BEAUTY: Imelda Burke is known as one of the earliest champions of the natural beauty movement and considered to be an expert in the field all across the world. Her store, Content Beauty in London has been in existence for almost ten years and many of the big brands in natural beauty started in her store. Pretty amazing, right? Make sense that she would be considered a trusted advisor on the subject of the natural beauty movement. So much so that she took to writing a book to share her findings with the world. Imelda describes “The Nature of Beauty”as “the book she wishes was around when she first made the switch to natural and organic beauty 17 years ago”. Needless to say, I am dying for my copy to arrive so that I can dive into what is sure to be a treasure trove of tips and insight into natural products!
7. TRAVELING // MZ WALLAE GARMENT BAG: Just about every time I fly or travel somewhere, I end up bringing a garment bag. Its so much easier to be able to leave my hanging pieces on their hangers and is especially necessary if it is a trip that involves nicer dresses or tops. I like to avoid ironing and/or steaming on trips as much as possible! I even bring a garment bag when we go home for the holidays so that I can easily transfer any dresses or coats to a closet once we get there. The thing about these said garment bags is that they are anything but fancy. They’re the plastic or canvas bags that come with a purchase that have since accumulated on a closet shelf. There’s not necessarily anything wrong with these, but they don’t hold up great and generally aren’t super protective. My husband bought himself a nicer garment bag a few years ago, but I have yet to follow suit. I’ve always admired MZ Wallace’s bags for their practical nature while also being pretty to look at. Specifically, their Metro Collection. The soft signature quilted nylon is just the right combination of sophisticated and sporty. The totes would be perfect for anything from the gym, to a carry on, to an every day work bag. If you google “MZ Wallace Metro Tote” you will find all sorts of cool, well-dressed girls sporting the bags, giving some serious inspiration as well as bag envy. Aside from having a big crush on the quilted totes, I am seriously eyeing the Michael Garment Bag. Good looking and practical – which is what MZ Wallace seems to do so well! With our next trip not until the end of July, I still have some time to decide between the black and dawn colors.
It's taken me way too long to post this Crochet Bell Sleeve Top...but the good news is that it's now on sale! The smaller sizes are sold out but honestly, I would recommend sizing up since it's more of a cropped style and it's a teeny bit tricky to take on and off because of the lack of a zipper or buttons. It comes with a little tank to wear under but that too is very cropped - so much so that I pair it with this one so that it will stay tucked in. Though the bell sleeves are on the trendy side, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add a "going out" top with such great detail and at such a great price to my closet...I've already worn it multiple times with high waisted skinny jeans and the flares you see here!
Did I mention that the top also comes in a pale pink and white?