Half of my vibes this week are in relation to vacationing - clearly I am feeling the travel bug. Either that or I am dying for the cloudy/rainy weather to leave Dallas. With my mom and Molly in Palm Springs last weekend at our best friends' wedding that both my husband and I were supposed to be in (doctor said no traveling after 36 weeks), I am only slightly jealous and in mourning of their warm weather, palm tree-filled trip. Not to mention having to miss witnessing some of our dearest friends tie the knot, but obviously it was important that we stay close to home this late in the game. (aside from dreaming of a vacation, read on for more vibes...)
P.S. Shopbop is having an amazing three day event that just kicked off today...now through April 14th, use the code EVENT17 to get 20% off orders that total under $500 and 25% off orders of $500 or more! Hop to it!
1. VACATION SCHEMING // KID & COE: Have you all heard of Kid & Coe? The company has curated thousands of “kid-friendly” rental houses and apartments across the globe to make traveling as a family that much easier. Each home is equipped with everything you may need while traveling with little ones – cribs, toys, books, you name it. The houses also come with recommendations for babysitters as well as suggestions of what to do and see in the area – all family friendly of course. We have yet to plan a trip after my due date with the exception of visiting Kiawah Island for a family vacation in July, but just browsing the Kid & Coe site has me wanting to get something on the calendar!
2. SWOOING // BRRCH: I am a sucker for a pretty flower arrangement and could stalk them on Instagram/Pinterest for the better part of my day. I discovered BRRCH Floral through Glossier when they used them for one of their events and have been obsessed ever since. The company was founded in 2013 by Brittany Asch who has made quite a name for herself since the beginning! Vogue even named her “One of Six Florists to Keep on Call”. What I love most about the blooms is that they are far from your traditional arrangement and tend to evoke actual works of art – where you wonder if what you’re looking at is truly real, live flowers. Do yourself a favor and check out their Instagram account – you won’t be sorry!
3. OBSESSING // HATCH TEES: It’s safe to say that Molly and I fell even more in love with the brand that is HATCH after hosting last Tuesday’s event with them here in Dallas. The HATCH team was amazing and the products exceeded our expectations. By the end of the day we wanted to own every single piece that they brought with them to Dallas. One of the pieces I fell in love with was their “longsleeve tee” in the chambray and ivory stripe. Its honestly the softest, coziest, and most flattering t-shirts I have worn in awhile. It can be worn while pregnant, but also if you aren’t pregnant. In fact, our friend Kelsey isn’t pregnant and the tee looks just as amazing on her, too. The best part? It literally comes in every solid and stripe that you could imagine so you can stock up, because something this good is worth buying in every color!
4. BOOKMARKING // CHIC STAYS: The latest addition to my bookshelves is “Chic Stays: Conde Nast Traveller’s Favorite People on their Favorite Places.” The book features 36 personal stories of favorite spots around the world with breathtaking photos and descriptions of each. Who doesn’t want to know where people like Sofia Coppola, Kate Moss, Florence Welch and 33 others consider to be their most favorite places? Having feeling quite “landlocked” and home bound these days, this book was just what I needed to fulfill my wanderlust!
5. SUITING // MARA HOFFMAN: With a family vacation planned in July and just a few months after my due date, I am being realistic about my expectations of “bouncing back” to a pre-baby body and therefore about what bathing suits I will be sporting on the beach. To be honest, I actually don’t own a single one piece as I’ve never found them to be flattering on myself, but I’m thinking these may become my new bff post-baby. Mara Hoffman has always, always killed it in the resort-wear scene, so its no surprise that her latest collection of swimwear is jaw-dropping good. With lots of one pieces that are anything but boring, I’m thinking I may need to make one (or two) of them mine. How darling is this pattern? Also love this – is there anything more classic than a black bathing suit?
6. SLIDING // GINGHAM + BOWS: I can’t get enough of slides these days. Mules, sandals, they’re all my favorite – mainly due to the ease at which I can just slide them on without bending over, which is key! My latest obsession in the slide sandals department is this adorable gingham, bow pair by Jeffrey Campbell. The blue and white would go with just about everything and if you wear a lot of solids like I do, they’d be a nice punch to an outfit. Think solid dresses all summer long. I would happily slip the sandals on today with jeans and a white tee!
7. STAYCATIONING // THE JOULE: My husband and I have had a lot to celebrate this spring. His 30th birthday last month, our two year anniversary this week, and our first baby due in just a few weeks. We would have loved nothing more than to take a beach vacation to celebrate all of these happenings, but all places that were warm enough had a risk of Zika that neither of us felt remotely comfortable with. Each day with pregnancy is such a milestone in itself, that it just didn’t seem worth it – our friends who were in Cabo in January told us there were warning signs for Zika everywhere – scary. Instead, we’ve decided to save the beach trip until we can go as a family of three, which we can’t wait for. We’ve also decided to take a “stay cation” within Dallas to the Joule Hotel, which is always the best experience. Between the delicious room service, to the spa (they have the best prenatal massage that I am still dreaming about), the rooftop pool and the Taschen Library – we’re pretty pumped for our little escape.