I have this friend who is the queen of crop-tops and skirts. When I think crop-tops my mind usually goes to "hot girls looking hot" on Instagram, a very tight crop and a lot of midriff showing. But my friend, Hannah, doesn't do crops this way...the ones she favors are feminine, structured, lose in the right places and she pairs them with high waisted skirts, jeans, and shorts for just the right amount of skin revealed. Every time I see her in one of these signature looks I think, "I wanna do that." And here you have my attempt. A matching skirt and crop seemed like the easiest way to dip my toe into the pool that is crop-tops.
I’ve got a torso that’s on the longer side – which means that crop-tops aren’t always going to work on me. But they totally work with high-waisted skirts! Even better if said skirt and top are matching (making them a styling no brainer). I love how summery the pale lilac and white seersucker fabric is in this duo…seersucker (especially in this color combo) is more girly and preppy than I usually go for but it’s perfect for this season and a nice way to make the little bit of skin shown more sweet than sultry.
- Not your average stripes on this set
- Couldn’t believe that this set is Forever21…the detail is awesome and it’s not too young or aggressively risqué
- This set is dressy (and modest) enough to wear for a wedding
- Obsessed with the slightly retro vibe of this black and white mini dot set
- This is a great casual set – adore the smocking and heathered grey (good price, too!)
- More black and white but in stripes and more structure here
- This set has the most incredible gingham color combo happening
- If you’re wanting the perfect summer print, this skirt and top are ideal!
- Loving the cut-out pattern on this set and the maxi skirt length
- This has a tighter top but I love it with the maxi skirt and abstract gingham print
- Ok, its short and not a skirt on this set, but the ruffles are too cute and I love the white
- This Zara set is on sale and super adorable
- Love how this set has a lace overlay (looks like Self Portrait!) that totally keeps the midriff covered
- This skirt and top are sold separately (but they’re both on sale!) and I love the linen
- This set is another Self Portrait look-alike