Author: Molly Miller (Left)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Owner of white lab pups blue moonbeam and Rosebud, Molly's primary job is running the blog and keeping up with her collection of white shirts. She tends to be the more tomboy + edgy sister and she's crazy about pizza and ripped jeans.
Toast: Butter + Strawberry jelly, or avocado + red pepper
Author: Sally Miller Walker (Right)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Sally's passion and career is as an early childhood education teacher. she has a weakness for sweets and shopping on line and plays more with pinks, pattern, and color than Molly. Currently listening to: vampire weekend.
Toast: Butter + Cinnamon + Sugar, or peanut butter
Quick! It's 100+ degrees out, what do you wear? Answer: a dress. And for me that means a dress that isn't body hugging, let's me wear a normal bra, has a long enough hemline that I can bend over and not be exposed, and can go from day to night depending on the accessories. Even better if it's sleeveless for oven-like temperatures. Sounds like a tall order but with all the brand and retailer sites I bounce around on for the weekly sales + steals post I've managed to find several dresses that fit my wish list criteria. One such dress that continued to catch my eye week after week was this stripe embroidered midi dress from kate spade. I don't usually gravitate towards red but the vivid embroidery was in all the right places and made the neutral white and grey stripe background come alive.
ksny always has a great mix of dresses – from fancy party frocks and classic sheaths to easy sundresses and more casual pieces – and the variety means that I can almost always find more than one dress I need/want each season. The stripe + embroidery combo even comes in a sleeved version with a tie waist! I went with the sleeveless style because I loved the embroidered straps, length, tiered patio silhouette, and smocked back panel. Super comfortable and so easy breezy. And though I’m “all dresses all the time” right now, the stripe + embroidery goodness also extends to this top!
Since we (me, my husband, le bebe, and Molly) leave town on Saturday for a family beach trip, my list of things to-do seems never ending! I don't get out of the house more than once or twice a day, but I am trying to make myself run as many errands on my list as I possibly can each day in an effort to get it all done by Saturday. Needless to say, the week is flying by and I'm wanting it to slow down just a bit. Molly and I finished The Handmaids Tale the other night and I still can't stop thinking about it. It is a must watch show for sure - can't believe we have to wait until 2018 for season 2! On the upside, Bachelor in Paradise starts in a few weeks, which gives me life. Yes - I can't help but watch. Its so bad that its good. (read on for more vibes happening around here...)
1. SWOONING // JCJ: To many, Jean Godfrey June is one of the OGs of the beauty world, and has been for quite some time. The former beauty editor of Lucky Magazine and now currently beauty director at Goop, JGJ is an expert on all things beauty. Since joining Goop, her focus has shifted to more natural beauty. Seeing that she is somewhat of a truster advisor to many in the beauty world, I absolutely love reading “Ask Jean” for her latest favorites, advice, and the like. Just in the month of July, The Coveteur has featured Jean Godfrey June twice (here and here) – if that tells you anything about her current status in the beauty world! In the spirit of our almost 100 degree temps here in Dallas, I am loving her take on summer glamour. Hint: less is more. I’m so glad to know that the JGJ would approve of my current relationship (or lack thereof) that I have with my blowdryer.
2. SNACKING // RXBARs: Full meals are few and far between these days as I am pretty much constantly feeding or holding baby H. Who can resist a baby sleeping on their chest?! When I’m not doing those two things, I am either frantically doing laundry or trying to get other things done. Read: not a whole lot of time on my hands! Thankfully, Molly introduced me to RXBARs, and I feel like my life has been changed. To be honest, I have never (ever) been one for any type of protein bar situation. They always tasted grainy and just plain gross to me. I am a pretty picky eater and even pickier about texture. I was sure that I would hate RXBARs just as much, but was pretty desperate for a quick, easy, healthy, and protein-filled snack. Game. Changer…specififically in the Chocolate Sea Salt flavor. It actually tastes like a brownie. No, seriously! Each RXBAR only has 8 whole ingredients, all of which are listed right on the wrapper. With natural ingredients that I can recognize, RXBARs are definitely living up to their motto of no B.S., and I love them for that. Best part: I can order boxes on Amazon!
3. MISTING // TRUE BOTANICALS: Ever since reading this feature on VIOLET GREY, I am certain that True Botanicals‘ Hydrating Mist needs to be my next beauty purchase. The company’s latest line (known as the Basics Collection) was made with pregnant women in mind. It may have surfaced just a few weeks too late, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not intrigued all the same. Specifically by the Hydrating Mist, which VIOLET GREY dubs to be the “standout” product in the Basics Collection. Instead of being water-based, like similar products, the Hydrating Mist is actually made of aloe vera and green and white tea, which nourish the skin and help to prevent damage. I love a good mist because they can be used for a multitude of purposes – as a refresher, to add moisture, and even to set makeup. I’m thinking I need a bottle to keep in my bag at all times!
4. LUSTING // SEA EYELET SLEEVE SWEATER: With an upcoming trip and flight, I will most definitely be reaching for some sort of sweater situation for the plane. No matter the weather outside, I always, always have to wear long pants and long sleeves while traveling. I have to feel cozy and to me that means having pretty much zero skin exposed. Strange, I know. I can’t even wear sandals either – my feet will get too cold. Since I am trying to get a head start on packing, I find myself seriously wishing I had purchased this Sea eyelet sweater. The sweater body combined with fuller eyelet sleeves makes for the perfect Spring/Summer/Fall travel (and beyond!) knit. The eyelet sleeves also make me think that it wouldn’t be too hot, which is perfect for this time of year while traveling. Its also in my most favorite color to purchase tops in – white. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
5. REMEMBERING // GRAPHIC IMAGE BABY: Graphic Image has always been my go-to place for quality leather goods. Year after year, Molly and I consult each other when picking out our leather-bound planners for the year. Recently, Graphic Image launched a baby collection that has me wanting just about every single thing. I firmly believe that photo albums and printing photos are still such a sweet and sentimental thing to do for your children and love looking back on mine to this day. Otherwise, if you don’t print the photos, they almost get lost amongst so many others on your phone! The “Baby Notes” journals would make for such a darling gift for someone that is expecting a baby. The perfect place to write down nursery ideas, registry items, baby names, and the like. Would be SO fun to look back on too. Totally wishing I had one of these while I was pregnant! I can’t help but want the “Firsts” pocket-sized journal to document each exciting little first that happens and to keep them all in one place. SO much better than the notes on my phone – which is what I have been doing – and such an amazing keepsake to have.
6. GIFTING // MAISON LABICHE ONESIES: With how hot it is here, we wear a lot of onesies. Paired with a cute pair of bloomers they look put together and sweet and are perfect for the days where were just hanging around the house or running errands. I recently discovered that Maison Labiche makes onesies and am dying to place an order. These would make such a precious gift as well – all babies need onesies! While I’m at it, I may need to pick up a tee (or two) for myself – some of them are even on sale! Perfect to pair with my new skorts from Outdoor Voices – which I am obsessed with, by the way.
7. INDULGING // HALO TOP ICE CREAM: Lately I cannot get enough of sweet treats. Its a bit of an obsession, honestly. I’ve always had a major sweet tooth, so I don’t know why I’m acting surprised by this. In an effort to somewhat pull in the reigns with the sugar, I try to limit what we keep in the house and have “healthier” options – if that is even possible. Dark chocolate is my best friend, especially when it’s nice and cold from keeping stored in the fridge. I’ve also fallen hard for Halo Top ice cream. Halo Top is low-calorie, low-sugar, and high protein and made from all natural ingredients, so I don’t feel nearly as bad when I do indulge. It is also not lacking in taste, whatsoever. The stuff is absolutely delicious. Although I’ve only tried the Vanilla Bean and Chocolate, I am completely sold. Next on my list: Cookies & Cream and S’Mores. The best part? You can search Halo Top’s site to see which local stores carry your favorite flavors so that you aren’t left disappointed in the freezer section when they don’t have that Birthday Cake your heart was set on. And in case you were wondering, you can order the pints via Amazon Fresh!
I'd like the file the summertime cold under "things I don't understand." Congested sinuses, machine gun sneezes, and a sore throat - all things that encompass a traditional cold - all make the most sense when it's actually cold outside. Feeling this way when it feels like 105 degrees is just...weird. And annoying. If you can't tell, I'm suffering from a summer cold. Not ideal. Hoping that it clears up soon so I can stop complaining and stop blowing my nose.
Stupid cold aside, I'm really excited to share this slip dress! From all the slip style dresses I've posted in the past couple months it might be obvious that I have a thing for the silhouette...
I love slip dresses. I could go on and on about why but the simple fact is that for me, they’re really easy to throw on and feel good. This one from Everlane is a little different than the others I’ve shared in that it’s made with Japanese GoWeave. What’s that you ask? It’s a crease-resistant and cooling textile that has a subtle texture (almost like a grosgrain) and a nice silky drape. While it’s not something you can roll up in a suitcase and throw on immediately (I did this for a wedding a month ago and it does require a little pressing after being folded in a bag) the GoWeave makes it a lot more forgiving than silk in the wrinkle-resistant department.
I really like the “rose” hue I have on (it’s the color of Piglet’s face from Winnie the Pooh, right?) but the dress comes in three other colors…I’m on the waitlist for the black version in my size. The one draw back I’ve found is that it can’t be worn with a traditional strapless bra. I wear it with a sticky bra and it looks totally fine but given that it’s summer and I sweat like I’m running a marathon even when I’m standing still (a super feminine trait that I LOVE) sticky bras are not my friend this time of year. Poor me, I know.
Did I mention that this dress is a hand wash piece? No dry-cleaning = WIN. I’m wearing a zero if that helps!
I have a feeling that you all are more than aware that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale kicked off this week. It's hard to miss the memo when #nsale is taking over your Instagram feed. I get it - there are great deals to be had! But it can be a little overwhelming to skim all the price cuts across to many categories. My approach for shopping the sale (and promoting it, for that matter) is to wear blinders while browsing and flag the stuff I already use (like neuLash), and love (like the softest pj's) and already know are awesome (like Natori's Feathers Bra). This helps me not go wayyyy overboard. Just my take on the madness that is #nsale! And anniversary sale aside, there are tons of other great discounts running through the weekend that deserve to be shopped! (read on to get the sales + steals)
Gap: 40% off your purchase with code NOW. Last call summer sale – up to 75% off. (This style looks super flattering and I love the tiny stripe.)
H&M: Today only! Extra 30% off sale item of choice with code 2400. ($10 white jeans – yes please! I can never seem to keep mine clean these days.)
HATCH: Up to 40% off end of season styles! (We’ve been living in our HATCH pieces and have our eyes on a few more with such a great sale. The Annabelle dress in white is such a classic piece that we know we would wear year after year.)
Intermix: Flash sale! Up to 75% off when you take an extra 40% off! (Obsessed with the wash and style of these. Wishing I had this to wear to dinner with friends tonight!)
J.Crew: In stores and online – extra 40% off sale with code SALEONSALE! (As much as I’m trying to stick to solids and stripes in my wardrobe these days, I can’t resist a Liberty printed piece like this skirt. Which would look equally as adorable with flat sandals or heels.)
J.Crew Factory: In stores and online – 50% off clearance with code SUPERCLEAR! (This is the perfect tank to wear with everything from jean shorts to skirts! I love the higher neckline, too.)
kate spade new york: Enjoy a striped notebook with your full priced purchase of $198 or more from the back to school shop! (I’m dying for a new pair of sunglasses, seeing as I always wear the exact same pair, and I love the simplicity of these.)
Loeffler Randall: 50% off final sale! (You can’t go wrong with these – the perfect heel height and they go with absolutely everything! Of course the color-lover in me cannot help but be absolutely obsessed with these.)
LOFT: 50% off tees, shorts, and pants. (This lace tee in white would add some nice texture to an all white outfit.)
Lou & Grey: 30% off all sale styles! (These stretchy linen drawstring pants might make my sweatpant obsession a little bit more presentable/acceptable.)
Mango: Sale – everything at 50% off! (Another great white dress and for an even better price.)
Neiman Marcus: Biggest sale of the season – up to 70% off regular prices! (A cute and easy slide – both colors would go with pretty much anything.)
Nordstrom: Two words, Anniversary Sale. The early access started this week and goes through July 2oth. Then it’s wheels off after that because the semi-exclusivity lifts and everyone can shop the sale starting July 21st. If you’re serious about scooping the deals get going!
Old Navy: Mid-week pick me up – 25% off your order! (This is so cute and has great reviews! Also, such a good price!)
Rag & Bone: Extra 30% off sale! Use code SUMMER30. (This is perfect for a night out – I always get SO cold in restaurants and find myself wishing I was wearing long sleeves.)