The Great Giveaway. Donations from 18 brands. 1 grand prize with a total value of up to $6,965. 1 winner. And all you have to do to enter is submit your email.
Do we have your attention? We hope so! The Great Giveaway is much more than just an incredible grand prize - it's a giveaway meant to inspire giving. Sally and I feel extremely passionate about supporting ALS and the charitable organizations that help fund research for the disease. This year we have created a fundraising team with #whatwouldyougive - a national campaign that builds awareness for ALS and helps raise funds for desperately needed research. Our desire to help the thousands of people afflicted with ALS runs so deep that we want to do MORE than just spread the word about donating to #whatwouldyougive...we want to leverage our readership and social media following by encouraging people to contribute and donate along side us.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder. And while every case is different, the disease attacks certain cells in the brain and spinal cord needed to keep our muscles moving. As the disease progresses, muscles become paralyzed. People with the disease often lose the ability to walk, move their arms, use their hands, speak, and so much more.
Here’s what you need to know about the lovely Sarah Coglianese: Sally met Sarah almost exactly two years ago when her daughter Scarlett was in Sally’s class in San Francisco. At that point Sarah had been living with ALS for three years – since Scarlett was just under two years old. As her daughter was learning to walk, Sarah was losing that very same ability…at the age of 33. Fast forward to 2017, Sarah has now been living with the disease for 5+ years; and with an average life expectancy of just 2-5 years for most ALS patients, Sarah has already beaten the odds. And she continues to do so as she courageously fights the disease that has taken so much from her and her family. This video shares even more of Sarah’s story.
Since meeting Scarlett and Sarah, Sally has been amazed and inspired by their strength, positivity, and the incredible empathy she witnessed in Scarlett each day in the classroom. We have both been following Sarah’s journey through her blog Speed 4 Sarah and as the #whatwouldyougive challenge and fundraiser was approaching, we knew that we wanted to use this blog to help, however we could.
Every 90 minutes another person is diagnosed with ALS. The good news is that the ALS Therapy Development Institute (TDI) is getting SO MUCH CLOSER to developing drugs that can end ALS or at the very least, slow down the progression of the muscular deterioration and extend the lives of those diagnosed. ALS is not an incurable disease. It is an underfunded one.
Our initial thought was to run a giveaway where an entry would only count with a donation to #whatwouldyougive. After working with a great legal team on the logistics and laws surrounding sweepstakes, we’ve determined that this wouldn’t be an option. Because we are not a nonproffitt organization, having monetary donations count towards a giveaway entry is considered a raffle or lottery – both of which are illegal in Texas (and several other states). Learning this news was a bummer. We worried that our main goal of securing donations for ALS wasn’t going to be possible with a giveaway. But we believe in the goodness of people – in the generosity of others. We hope that in sharing Sarah’s story and our passion for ALS funding, along with giving you the opportunity to win The Great Giveaway, is enough incentive to ask you to please (please, please, please) make a donation to #whatwouldyougive.
While a donation will not increase your chances of winning (entry for The Great Giveaway will only be counted by entering your email in the Rafflecopter widget below) it will make a difference. Give a little, or give a lot. Maybe donate what you spend on your morning coffee, or your daily lunch. Maybe contribute the same amount you spent on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank. Enter to win The Great Giveaway – cross your fingers and your toes and tell all your friends to enter – then donate right here and we’ll be your best friends for life. It might be the quickest online transition you’ve done in a while and we guarantee you’ll feel amazing afterwards. We will also be matching our personal fundraising group’s final dollar amount of donations up to $2,500. So make sure you’re donating to our team page.
The Great Giveaway would be NOTHING without the support of some of our most beloved friends. Their generous, thoughtful, and loving donations have us speechless. And together, they make for one seriously incredibly grand prize. Listed alphabetically:
- Ariel Gordon Jewelry: 1 $250 gift credit redeemable on arielgordonjewelry.com
- Dorothy Shain: 1 Dorothy Shain x City Boots 100% Silk Scarf $150 *winner will get to choose silk scarf pattern based on stock available at time of giveaway end), 1 Mac & Murphy Jungle Box Stationery Set $22, 1 Mac & Murphy Congo Box Stationery Set $22 (approximate total value $194)
- kate spade new york: 1 Leewood Place Makayla Handbag in porcelain (approximate value $398)
- LAKE Pajamas: 1 Cabana Short-Long Set *winner will get to choose size and color based on stock available at time of giveaway end (approximate value $104)
- MacKenzie-Childs: 1 $500 gift credit redeemable on mackenzie-childs.com
- Mignonne Gavigan: Win: 1 Le Charlot Pearl Scarf Necklace *winner will get to choose necklace color based on stock available at time of giveaway end (approximate value $425)
- Mi Golondrina: 1 “Flores” style top or dress *winner will get to choose top or dress size and color based on stock available at time of giveaway end (approximate value $195)
- Miron Crosby: 1 pair of women stock boots *winner will get to choose size and style of boots based on stock available at time of giveaway end (approximate value up to $2,750)
- MIRTH Caftans: 1 $300 gift credit redeemable on mirthcaftans.com, credit expires September 16, 2018, one year from giveaway end
- NIGHT: 1 standard/queen size NIGHT Pillow $150, 1 NIGHT Pillow Travel Case $75 (approximate total value $225)
- Packed Party: 6 rose gold Packed Party Disco Drink Tumblers (approximate total value $108)
- PARKER THATCH: 1 personalized cozy sweatshirt $98 *winner will get to choose sweatshirt colors and size bed on stock available at time of giveaway end, 1 original classic canvas tote $168, 1 classic clutch $58 (approximate total value $324)
- Sabah: 1 pair of stock Sabah shoes *winner will get to choose style, color and size based on stock available at time of giveaway end (approximate value up to $190)
- St. Frank: 1 Indigo Arrows Tray (approximate value $450)
- TRUFFLE: 1 Document Clarity Clutch $44, 1 Large Clarity Clutch $46, 1 Small Clarity Clutch $42, 1 Mini Clarity Clutch $38 *winner will get to choose colors of each clutch size based on stock available at time of giveaway end (approximate total value $170)
- The Loveliest: 1 herringbone throw with personalized embroidered monogram *winner will get to choose throw color based on stock available at time of giveaway end and specify monogram specifications (approximate value up to $172)
- the mine: 1 $250 gift credit redeemable on themine.com
- Vintner’s Daughter: 1 bottle of Active Botanical Serum (approximate value $185)
Giveaway starts today (August 15, 2017) and ends in one month (September 15, 2017). The winner will be selected at random and contacted on September 16, 2017. Entries are only valid via the Rafflecopter widget below. Must live in the United States to win. Spread the word. Be generous. And GOOD LUCK!