We would be remiss not to mention the heartbreak that is happening in Houston and South East Texas due to Hurricane Harvey. Molly and I truly cannot imagine the devastation that those affected are experiencing and will continue to experience in the coming days, weeks, months, and years. It has been amazing to see the state of Texas (really, the entire country!) come together to help those in need. There are SO many ways in which you can help - even from afar. Charity Navigator has compiled a list of of highly-rated organizations that have responded in the aftermath of the storm who are providing assistance and relief to those affected (including charities that are local to Houston). If you live in the Dallas area, we have found it helpful to stay up to date as far as what is needed at the Trusted World Central donation site here. Dallas DogRRR is accepting donations as well for the 100+ dogs that were brought to Dallas from Houston. They also have an Amazon wishlist, making it easy to donate supplies that way, too. The Texas Diaper Bank is also desperately requesting diaper donations as diapers are NOT provided by disaster relief agencies. We were able to do that here. Every little bit helps and is so needed right now. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who were affected by Hurricane Harvey.
That said, there is an intense sale list for this weekend...it is a holiday weekend, after all. So we've got that. But we also have a list* of retailers and brands that are donating profits towards Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. (read on to get the sales + steals + Harvey support opportunities)
*I know we probably don't have the full list of brands and retailers that are offering this kind of thing so if you see someone we left off please leave a comment or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know and we'll continue to update the list!
This + That:
- A. FAVORITE READ // “How to Write a Sympathy Card” via The Cut (I’m always wanting to send thoughtful letters to those going through a hard time but finding the right words can be tricky…definitely going to order the book they recommend in this article)
- B. FAVORITE INSTAGRAM // @jessiedelowe (Mood board envy via the @donnicharm office!)
- C. FAVORITE PIN // this via Chelsey College of Arts BA (Hons) Textile Design (This colorful piece by Georgia Loveridge is the perfect dose of happy)
- D. FAVORITE OUTFIT // House of Harper (Not only does Caroline look adorable, but this whole post is about showcasing items you can shop to support victims Hurricane Harvey)
Help for Harvey*:
- All The Wire: All The Wire is donating $10 from the sale of each ‘Texas Strong’ cuff to support those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Ariel Gordon Jewelry: Between now and Saturday (9/2), AGJ will donate $100 from every order to the American Red Cross – Hurricane Harvey.
- Bird Bakery: If you live in Dallas or San Antonio, visit Bird and order a TEXAS STRONG cupcake (red velvet with cream cheese frosting). All proceeds from the $3.50 treat will go directly to local shelters housing those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Buru: 60% off select styles with code LABORDAY. And, for every LABORDAY sale made, Buru will donate a pack of diapers to Hurricane Harvey victims. For every LABORDAY sale over $200, they will donate a pack of diapers + a box of baby formula.
- Jan Barboglio: Now through Monday (9/4) 30% of proceeds from online sales will be donated to support Feeding Texas, a statewide nonprofit organization that works alongside government agencies to aid the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
- Marine Layer: 10% of all sales TODAY (9/1) will go directly to the Hurricane Harvey relief fund! AND, Marine Layer employees will be pooling their money to match 1% of today’s sales. Amazing!
- Marysia Swim: 50% off resort 17! 20% of all sales between 9/1 and 9/4 will be donated to the American Red Cross Hurricane Harvey relief.
- MIRTH Caftans: 5% of all the pieces sold through the end of TODAY (9/1) will be donated to the American Red Cross – Hurricane Harvey.
- Sabah Shoes: Donating 20% of all sales through the end of day TODAY to Texans Can Academics Hurrican Harvey relief fund. Donations will support the basic needs of displaced and impacted students in the Houston area. (Both Molly and I have been eyeing these so now seems like the best time to buy – amazed at small businesses like Sabah who are so generously donating.)
- The Loveliest: Help the SPCA of Texas – 20% of all sales will be donated to the rescue and aid of animals in need from Hurricane Harvey. Through 9/4. (SO many cute new things for little ones – screaming.)
- Waiting on Martha: A portion of their sales this week will be donated to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
*PLEASE help us populate this list! I’ve we’ve left off a brand or retailer, leave us a comment or drop us an email (email@example.com) so we can add them.
- Ann Taylor: The summer send off event! 50% off select full priced styles + extra 50% off sale styles. (How cute is this?)
- Anthropologie: New styles added – extra 30% off sale. (I saw this on a blogger and it was absolutely darling. Great reviews, too. This is amazing for fall with a pair of denim and sneakers.)
- Banana Republic: 40% off regular priced items. (Such a cute work piece. Always love Olivia Palermo’s picks!)
- BaubleBar: Pick a free treat with any $50+ order.
- Bloomingdales: The Labor Day Big Brown Bag Sale! Save 40-60% on almost all sale items. (These are so good.)
- Bluemercury: 18 year anniversary! Deluxe gift with must have items. (Absolutely obsessed with everything Tammy Fender that I’ve tried.)
- Calypso St. Barth: Enjoy 60% off sale styles! (This is so pretty! Especially for a beach/tropical wedding.)
- CB2: Up to 20% off select shelving. (We have two of these and love them!)
- Chicwish: Enjoy an extra 10% off orders over $50. (Such a cute fall top.)
- Club Monaco: Fall style event – spend more save more. Up to 30% off! Use code FALL17. (How cute are these? I’ll take this guy in both colors.)
- Crate & Barrel: The annual upholstery sale – 15% off!
- Gap: Up to 50% off everything + extra 20% off and free shipping on all orders. Use code GETMORE. (I’m a big fan of shirt dresses for fall – this one would look perfect with a pair of sneakers.)
- H&M: Free shipping over $40 with code 0040. (These look amazing. But are selling out fast! Wonder if I can find them in our local store. Couldn’t pass these up for fall.)
- Hudson Way: SO many good pairs of jeans on sale. (I have my eye on these! Love the wash and find the small flare to be flattering on.)
- J.Crew: 30% off your purchase in stores and online with code YESPLEASE. (Not sure how I am just now seeing this, but I might need to order it in the grey. Great price and I live in cute sweatshirts when its cooler out. Much more practical with a baby too, no need for dry cleaning! Ordered this in both colors because lately I have been liking working out in this style.)
- J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything + an extra 50% off sale with code DELISH! (I always find that I need a black dress hanging in my closet for various events. This one looks flattering! This one too! This sleepy cheetah sleep shirt needs to be mine.)
- LOFT: 30% off full priced styles + extra 50% off sale styles! (This eyelet-sleeved tee is adorable and the back pleats on this t-shirt make it extra special)
- Lulu Frost: Labor Day sale – 20% off with code Laborday2017 through 9/5. (These are pretty cool and different, too!)
- Lulu & Georgia: The Go Bananas Sale! Take 10% off $300 with code GOOD. Take 15% off $550 with code BETTER. Take 20% off $800 with code BEST. Added bonus! Take 25% off $1,500 with code BANANAS! (This is amazing. This is really speaking to me and would be a great gift! Cute for a dorm room too. Love the colors in this piece.)
- Mango: Final Clearance! Everything at 50%, 60%, and 70% off. (This is so pretty and at 50% off its a great price!)
- Neiman Marcus: End of summer sale – up to 65% off. (Such a pretty and classic white dress. Remember how I mentioned my chambray obsession? How cute is this for fall? Perfect for Dallas weather, too.)
- Old Navy: Long weekend, short sale. All jeans, dresses and tees 50% off. Plus, 20% off your order. (Ordered these and got a size down so they wouldn’t be too loose – fingers crossed!)
- Rag & Bone: Extra 30% off sale items with code LABORDAY30. (These are a great price and a classic fall shoe.)
- Rebecca Taylor: Extra 40% off sale with code SUNSET. (So pretty for a fall wedding! Also love this.)
- Saks: Up to 30% off select bedding and bath. Online only through 9/4.
- Serena and Lily: Enjoy up to 30% off rugs. (This is such a pretty neutral rug.)
- Steve Madden: 20% off $100 or more and 25% off $150 or more! (This camel color is perfect for fall and would go with just about everything.)
- Tory Burch: End of summer sale – up to 60% off. (These are SO fun. Love the black.)
- Tuckernuck: Extra 25% off sale with code FINALSALE25. (The other week I stocked up on kids jammies like these because you can’t beat the price. And we can’t get enough cozy PJs around here.)
- Vince: Enjoy an extra 25% off sale with code LDAY25. (Love this.)
- Waiting on Martha: Take 50% off the entire sale collection with code ENDOFSEASON at checkout. (This is fun for fall cocktails once it finally cools down here and the mosquitos skip town.)