It's a rainy, grey, cold Sunday here in Dallas and this v-neck sweater happens to be what I'm wearing. To say that this guy is cozy is an understatement. I think it's the combination of the oversized fit, big ballon sleeves and deep v-neck that makes it exceptionally comfortable but still feminine. Sally has a grey sweater in an open-back style that's also by Cuyana (she wore it in this post) and we both love how the merino wool and cashmere blend is soft and thick (no itch) and that the technique Cuyana uses keeps the fibers from pilling. You know how some heavy knits can get fuzz balls on the sleeves and near the hem from the fabric rubbing? Cuyana's ribbed pieces don't do this. Which just makes them all the more wearable and awesome.
Apparently today is "Free Shipping Friday"? Who knew? I think a new day is created each year to give shoppers an excuse to shop. And also, don't most sites generally already offer free shipping? I mean, it is 2017 after all. I have nearly crossed everyone off my list, minus needing some stocking stuffers for my husbands stocking. I am majorly failing on that this year and the clock is seriously ticking. Too bad I am far too scared to visit the mall this close to Christmas. It gets pretty crazy out there. (read on for this weeks sales and don't forget #freeshippingfriday)
This + That:
- A. FAVORITE READ // “What Is Jade Rolling, and Should You Be Doing It?” via The Everygirl (You know you’ve been wondering…”
- B. FAVORITE INSTAGRAM // @goop (They know how to nail a pretty pink pop-up situation)
- C. FAVORITE PIN // this via Tim Labenda
- D. FAVORITE OUTFIT // Bartabac by Silvia
- Ann Taylor: Free shipping + 50% off almost everything! (This could be cool for New Years Eve? Love this in the black.)
- Anthropologie: Extra 40% off select styles. (I’ll take this in every color! Perfect for this time of year and such an easy piece to throw on.)
- Banana Republic: 40% off your purchase of $200+ with code BRWINTER. (So pretty – really liking that its a pale grey. How cute is this?)
- Bluemercury: 12 days of beauty! Free full sized item each day!
- BURU: 12 days of mom style sales! Every day = a new sale!
- CB2: Up to 30% off select gifts! (Is this not the most perfect white elephant gift? Kind of amazing. These are so cute for a stocking. This too.)
- Chicwish: Enjoy an extra 10% off orders over $70 with code PRS10. (How precious is this for little girls?)
- Gap: Up to 50% off everything + extra 20% off your purchase with code GIFTNOW. (I just reserved this in white at a local store because I cannot.resist.cozy.things. Send help! Also, this in the black. See? Its a problem!)
- H&M: Sale – up to 60% off! New styles added! (Ugly Christmas sweater party on the books? Not sure I’ve seen anything worse than this one. Ha!)
- J.Crew: 40% off full priced styles and free shipping with code TIME2GIVE. (Does this mean time2give to yourself? Because I’m ordering three of these for myself in black, camel, and grey to fill a little bit of a sweater void I have in my closet. I only wish they had an off white version this year, too! These are awesome! I love that this is festive and fun while still remaining classic and simple.)
- J.Crew Factory: 60% off everything with no exclusions! Use code DASHING. (Need this to come back in a small in the ivory – such an incredible price and great basic. This is such a good sweater dress.)
- kate spade new york: Extra 30% off all sale styles with code EXTRATREAT! (Some of mine and Molly’s faves are on sale…this top, this red dress, this cherry dress, and this great black jacket!)
- LOFT: The merriest of sales – 50% off everything! (Obsessed with these. Also this is SO cute.)
- Madewell: No time like the present – 25% off your purchase! (Madewell rarely does sales, so when they do I always feel like I have to take advantage. There is nothing more classic than a cream cable knit sweater – this one is perfect. This is a great piece.)
- Old Navy: Entire store on sale! Up to 60% off. (Ya’ll know how much I love my sweatshirts. I would wear just about every single one of these. Such good prices too! I’m kind of over plaid flannel shirts, but how good is the striped version of this?)
- West Elm: Up to 40% off in stock items + free shipping with code MERRY! (Ohmygosh how cute/cool are these? SUCH a fun gift. We love our Sonos speakers and these are a great price. This is perfect for the chef in your life. Or the husband that is obsessed with his kitchen knives like mine is.)
Moody blues versus red and green going into the holiday season? I'll take it. Sally already mentioned it in this post from the other week, but I also love that kate spade's holiday collection is more about blues and metallics than the usual bold brights they go for this time of year. The more subdued colors are still incredibly festive - and perfect for holiday - thanks to ksny putting their usual special touches on everything. Who knew that a navy velvet dress with dusty blue roses was exactly what I wanted and needed for this party season?!
With velvet being such a big trend I’m slightly surprised to admit that the Night Rose Velvet Dress is the first and only velvet piece I’ve added to my closet as of late. I’m not sure if it was the soft fabric done up in navy or the pretty rose print that first got my attention but the a-line fit is what sold me. The fitted bodice is instantly flattering and the gathered skirt gives some nice volume. My favorite detail is the small sheer ruffle that trims the neckline and arm openings.
The yo-yo weather that Dallas has been having means that one day calls for tights and a long coat while the next is warm enough for just booties and a cape. So on the day I happened to be shooting the dress is was mild enough that my Garnet Booties could be worn with a bare leg. Not complaining…I’m such a wimp with the cold!
And for anyone curious: yes, the Knollwood Buckle Bag is even more adorable and amazing in person.