Its hard to believe that we are now less than two weeks away from Christmas. I am feeling somewhat on top of my shopping, but really only because Molly and I are splitting a lot of our gifts and she did all of the ordering. Thank goodness for Venmo. I finally picked up some wrapping paper last night and am hoping to do some wrapping tonight. The real wrapping happens when we get to Kansas City and into Santa's Workshop (aka our mom's basement) and help her with her wrapping. Seven kids, two of them being married, and one grand baby makes for a whole lottt of wrapping. But it's always fun and a group activity including Christmas music and cookies (my fave part, duh). Things will be a little bit different this year with a crawling 7 month old to chase after, but I'm lucky to have "babysitters" in the form of sisters jumping at the opportunity to watch him. (read on for more of this week's vibes!)
1. ROLLING // AWAY CARRYON: I’ll start out by saying that I promise this post isn’t dedicated to all things travel, but having just returned from Hawaii and flying out to Kansas City next Friday, it is kind of on the brain. Every time I fly with one of my giant L.L. Bean tote bags as a carry on, I swear that I will never, ever do it again. The tote is SO big (which is the one thing I love about them) that I can fill it with SO much stuff that I end up practically breaking my back while lugging it through airports. That plus a baby in the Ergo Baby and I was on overload. So, never again will I bring that God forsaken tote in the airport with us! When I fly solo with the babe next week I am only bringing my handbag-sized tote. I’m planning on checking all of our other luggage, but for our next trip in March, I would love to invest in an Away carry on. There are nothing but positive reviews on the popular hard-shell luggage and the prices are unbeatable. The two carry on sizes even have built in batteries, because there’s nothing worse than a low phone battery while traveling. The large is also looking pretty promising to purchase before our trip because my husband had to borrow Molly’s Rimowa when we flew to Hawaii! Its amazing how much stuff you end up packing with a baby in tow.
2. COZYING // CASHMERE WRAP: I have long lusted after one of White and Warren’s Cashmere Travel Wraps after seeing my friend Michaela with one a few years ago. Its amazing how something as simple as a scarf can instantly transform you into looking “put together” and dare I say even ‘chic’ while traveling. Maybe this would help my case with the next plane blowout or pee leakage while traveling? Whatever it takes! In all seriousness though, the price tag to the Travel Wrap seems pretty steep, but I know its one of those things that I would splurge on and never regret purchasing. One of those “you only cry once” situations. I don’t do a ton of traveling these days, but even so, this baby would be perfect to throw on over my usual casual attire when I want to look like I’m trying harder than I actually am. I’m always partial to grey this time of year as it goes with just about everything, but the pearl white is so pretty too.
3. RECOVERING // TAMMY FENDER CREME: This time of year my skin is insanely dry. Like cannot get enough moisture to save its soul, dry. I am alll about lathering on the face creams at night and have died and gone to heaven with Tammy Fender’s moisturizers. It is kind of indescribable what her products do for my skin. I experience visible results in the form of smooth, glowing skin after just one application. I have yet to meet a better moisturizer than her Spontaneous Recovery Creme and Intensive Repair Balm. I *try* to savor them and rotate with other products so that they last longer, but nothing compares and I miss that glow that I get upon waking up each morning after using Tammy Fender. I also love the Essential C Tonic (because I can’t get enough Vitamin C for my skin) and the Epi Peel and am dying to try the Quintessential Serum.
4. OBSESSING // SOLD OUT SWEATSHIRTS: Remember that sister sweatshirt obsession that we’ve mentioned on here countless times? Well the sweatshirt love strikes again with Sold Out’s graphic cozies. Sold Out is all about creating “must haves” which has clearly struck a chord with me as I have now added their sweatshirts to my “must have” list. Everything they create is limited edition, meaning that once its gone, its gone. Making the pieces that much more of a must have or its going to sell out and be gone forever situation. Gets me every time. When a product sells out, the brand releases the next product which is a surprise and could be any number of things. A sweatshirt, a tee, or even an accessory. A “life changing” accessory at that. At first I was leaning towards their “Together” sweatshirt as I can’t resist the pick stitch and the pale pink and red combo, but I’m also realllyy the Je Nais Sais Quoi (translation: “I don’t know what”) white on white sweatshirt that is a cozier version of my white tee uniform. Molly and I may have just found our next sister sweatshirts. We generally don’t give each other gifts for Christmas, but maybe thats how we can justify buying these just days out from Christmas?!
5. CAPPING // DOGS ON HATS: I’m a big fan of a good baseball hat. Especially with my newly minted Melasma and my fear of any amount of sun exposure on my face. Not a day went by while in Hawaii that I wasn’t sporting a hat for fear of growing a Melasma mustache. Cute, right? I love all things Outdoor Voices, but had yet to purchase a hat from them. That might just have to change with their dog hats. Although they don’t have a lab version, I still can’t help but love them. Particularly poodle version, because who can resist a sassy poodle embroidered on pale pink? Clearly not me.
6. STRIKING // FREDRICKS & MAE: Our mama is the queen of finding the coolest gifts for every occasion. Things that you’ve never seen before, are thoughtful, that serve a purpose, and are anything but junky. Perfect example: the 216 matches by Fredericks and Mae that she gave Molly. The giant, cork topped, glass tube is 12″ tall making the matches larger than your every day match and therefore so much cooler. The tube holds 216 “fireplace matches” and makes a pretty cool statement to have sitting out in the home. Not to mention that its practical, because there is nothing worse than realizing that you’re all out of matches and are dying to light your favorite holiday candle. How cool is the all black version? Would make an awesome gift to give to a guy as those are a little more masculine looking. As I was perusing the Fredericks and Mae website, I decided that its one of the neatest brands I’ve come across as of late. Hand painted Bocce Balls, thread wrapped Horsehair Brooms, and Backgammon Boards that resemble works of art make Fredericks and Mae the most perfect one stop shop for the person on your list who literally has everything. Do they have a thread wrapped Horsehair Broom? I bet not.
7. STILL SMILING // ELIZOEBETH JENSEN SIGNET RINGS: If you didn’t catch our post here about our new Elizoebeth Jensen sister signet rings – we.are.in.love. Truly feel SO lucky to have such beautiful, timeless pieces that we can wear every day. The fact that we get to match our mama with her pinky signet ring is just the cherry on top. Elizoebeth is SO kindly offering all A Piece of Toast readers 20% off online purchases on her site through the month of September. Enter ToastToLove at checkout to redeem! Today is the last day for guaranteed Christmas delivery!