Soo its been awhile. A really long while. I took a bit of an unplanned leave of abscense from the bloggie during my holiday break from school and it felt oh so good to be away from my computer for a little while. Not that I don’t love you guys, but spending time at home with friends and family and a little jaunt to Mexico for New Years with friends was just what I needed to recharge before jumping back into the grind. I cannot tell you the last time I took a break/vacation quite like this one, and it is definitely the best feeling to take some time away and be in the moment for once. Ever feel like you’re so busy that you’re a bit disconnected from the ones you love? Yep, that tends the be the story of my life.
Since I’ve had lots of free time and in turn lotsss of thinking time, I have made a mental list of a few resolutions I would like to tackle in this new year…
1. Continue to exercise at least three days a week (I find this keeps me sane during my crazy weeks!)
2. Cook more often and master a few gluten free recipes
3. Learn to use my camera – photography class is scheduled for next month!
4. Stress less and stay in the moment (no iPhone at dinner/when with friends)
5. Be on time – admittedly my worst habit
6. Stay organized
7. Be more responsible at managing my finances aka save, save, save!
8. Stop biting my nails (soo bad I know)
9. Put the computer down and read a good book before bed each night
10. Be grateful and appreciative always
I feel better than ever about the start of this new year and my new goals and cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store for me – things can only get better right!?
(Image via Real Simple)