Author: Molly Miller (Left)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Owner of white lab pups blue moonbeam and Rosebud, Molly's primary job is running the blog and keeping up with her collection of white shirts. She tends to be the more tomboy + edgy sister and she's crazy about pizza and ripped jeans.
Toast: Butter + Strawberry jelly, or avocado + red pepper
Author: Sally Miller Walker (Right)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Sally's passion and career is as an early childhood education teacher. she has a weakness for sweets and shopping on line and plays more with pinks, pattern, and color than Molly. Currently listening to: vampire weekend.
Toast: Butter + Cinnamon + Sugar, or peanut butter
For someone who is somewhat shy of color, I sure have added some colorful dresses to my collection this past year! Funny thing is, the bright dresses I've been falling for are in the pink and red family...maybe I just have Valentine's Day hues on my mind year round? I like to think that blues and orchid purples are my "colors" even though I'm more apt to wear something white, black, grey or neutral. But when a dress packs a color punch and has a silhouette that I know I'll wear for basically ever I can't help but say yes. To the dress. My latest frock is the Poppy Lace Midi you see here. The scarlet red is anything but quiet but the lace texture and feminine details make it classic and perfectly statement-making.
I guess my love for the dress might be a little biased. It’s hard to do its beauty justice with photos but you can tell that the lace is un-lined from the neck to the bodice and then again at the end of the skirt. This illusion work makes the lace texture really pop and I love the lace-edge detail around the neck, sleeves, bodice edge and hem. Most of the time I see lace and think “old” or “trendy” or “cheap.” But the lace used here is anything but.
And even though the color is so perfect for this time of year (I love wearing red to fall weddings and parties!) and wonderfully on trend (kate spade’s fall collection is full of reds, pinks and awesome floral motifs) I’m legitimately going to be reaching for and wearing this number for years. Just watch…
P.S. the clutch is everything. I’ve been pining for one of ksny’s box-clutch designs for years – the jumbo tassels are my fave – and I’m so glad I waited till I met the Evening Bells Zuri version. The black on black floral details are everything.
SO many good sales this week, including lots of Friends and Family 25% off sales. Yes. Please. With the weather cooling down across the country, this makes it a perfect time to stock up on jeans, boots, sweaters, and jackets. (read on to get the sales + steals)
Bloomingdales: Friends and family – 25% off a large selection of items! Look for the code FRIENDS as you shop. (This short wrap coat is pretty much perfect and comes in some great color options. Loving both the grey and the camel. The pink is pretty awesome, too.)
Bluemercury: Treat yourself! Free treats with every purchase. New treats revealed every Saturday in October.
Gap: Up to 50% off everything + extra 20% off and free shipping on all orders. Use code MORE. (Thanks to Molly’s help, I found a few perfect white tees (this, this, and this) from the Gap, that I am now ordering multiples of. I always feel like the good tees sell out so fast. Don’t want to miss out and regret not stocking up!)
H&M: Biggest flash sale of the season! New styles added! This weekend only. (These are a steal and look really flattering, too. This is such a good price, the perfect wash, and great for this time of year.)
J.Crew: The big(gest) weekend sale – 30% off your purchase with code GOSHOP. (A classic trench is a must have item and one that I actually do not own. Thinking I need to change this with this guy.)
New favorite dress alert: the Krabi Jamdan Wrap Dress by MIRTH Caftans. As part of MIRTH's fall collection, this piece had my name written all over it...the handwoven grey fabric (I love grey for year round wear!), wrap style (this is the first season MIRTH has done a wrap design and they totally nailed it), and subtle perfect details (raw-edge tucks down the back, curved sleeves, and pockets). Pockets! I mean, it was only a matter of time before this beauty made its way into my life and now that I have it I truly can't stop wearing it. Perfect with a chunky heel or flat sandals (were still wearing both in the very warm Dallas weather) and equally fantastic paired with booties, cowboy boots (I'm pining for this par of Miron Crosby shorties) and a denim jacket.
What I nerd over most with all MIRTH pieces are their incredible textiles – most of which are hand-loomed or hand-woven in India. The Jamdani fabric used in the Krabi Wrap Dress and the Kolkata Top is super special because it’s created in the homes of highly skilled weavers tiny villages in west Bengal (outside of the city of Kolkata). Native only to this particular region, the motifs made in the fabric are created by weaves using a needle and thread while the itself is being woven on the handloom…they have no pattern, each weaver places the motif based on sight and each varies a bit from weaver to weaver. If you look closely you might notice subtle bands that look like variation in the fabric – this comes from the varying humidity that comes from the air in the hand-dyed yarn.
I seriously love knowing all these details and it really makes each MIRTH piece that much more special. And to be honest, I’ll probably be wearing this exact outfit this weekend even though I already sported it on Wednesday night. Can’t help myself!
It's hard to talk about anything but the weather right now in Dallas. Yesterday was in the 90's and one of the most humid days on record. How can you not mention/discuss those details when its the fifth of October?! It seems as if fall may actually be crawling on its way to town this year. We will most definitely be welcoming the cooler temps with open arms, whenever they do decide to show!
P.S. If you live in or around Dallas, please try to stop by the LEOPARD LEOPARD LEOPARD event Mol and I are hosting at with kate spade new york (we'll be at the Northpark Center location!). It's gonna be a fun, festive, spotted party and we'd love to see you there! (alright, weather and leopard-print party aside, read on for this weeks vibes!)
1. TRUFFLING // CLARITY JETSET CASE: For years, Molly and I have been big (huge) fans and all things Truffle. The clear Clarity Clutches are constant companions of mine and make their way into every single bag of mine. I currently use two of the large clutches to hold diapers, wipes, and a changing pad in my tote. It makes me feel organized without sacrificing style and I can always find what I’m looking for since they’re clear. Recently, Truffle launched some incredible new arrivals that I can most definitely make some room for in my bags and suitcases. The Clarity Jetset Case is perfect for travel as it is TSA approved for your carry on, yet also doesn’t skimp on space, making it roomy enough for your liquids. Along with the JetSet Case and really cute Clarity Crossbody bags are new Clarity Pouches – designed with an expandable bottom which means that they can stand up on their own and your liquids can stand up too. Yes, and yes. I have no problem organizing my entire being into Truffle’s chic clear clutches and pouches, and plan to get that much more organized with their latest additions!
2. SHOPPING // THE GREENWAY SHOP: When it comes to buying cosmetic and skincare items, I definitely prefer to do so in person and at a store. There is something about being able to touch, feel, and try a beauty product that seems necessary before a purchase. Especially when these items aren’t returnable. You want to be sure you’re buying something that you’re really going to love – amiright? This has been tricky with the majority of my beauty products since they are of the natural variety. Up until just a few weeks ago, Dallas really had nothing to offer in the clean beauty department and I felt like I was running all over town and to multiple stores just to try and test small selections of clean products. That is until the lovely ladies at The Greenway Shop set up shop in MADRE with the best collection of all things green beauty. We’re talking Vintners Daughter, Indie Lee, Rahua, RMS, Ursa Major, and Kypris – some of the best lines with seriously fantastic products. The girls behind The Greenway Shop really know their stuff, too. They have tried just about every single product on their shelves and are super knowledgable when it comes to what product is best going to meet your beauty needs. If you’re local to the Dallas area and interested in diving into the natural beauty world, The Greenway Shop (in Madre on Lovers Lane!) is definitely worth a visit!
3. DEFINING // PLUME BROW POMADE: I’m a big fan of the Lash and Brow Enhancing Serum by Plume as a natural way to boost my lash growth – especially after a bout of eyelash extensions that I had a complete love/hate relationship with. The serum is amazing and I love the fact that even though its natural and safe, it actually works. Recently, Plume launched their latest product, a brow “pomade” and I am once again hooked. I had bought Glossier’s Boy Brow not that long ago, but honestly wasn’t loving it. I felt like it was hard to not get too much product on the brow and my brows never looked totally even. Lots of q-tips would be used in the process, kind of defeating the purpose of the “ease” of a eyebrow wand like that. Plume’s Nourish and Define Brow Pomade is great because you choose how much of the pomade you want to brush into your brows with the angled brush. Its quick, easy and completely fool proof leaving my brows looking great every time. I also find the “golden silk” color to be perfect for my coloring, whereas I always felt like the boy brow was just a touch too dark. As an added bonus, Plume’s Brow Pomade is 100% natural and promotes the growth of your brows.
4. GLOWING // GLOPRO: I am of the mindset that my skin could always, always be better than what it is. I can’t decide if thats a good thing or a bad thing. On the one hand, I find it good to be proactive at wanting to improve my skin, but also the amount of products that I want/need/have to have is never-ending. I am convinced that each one will be life-changing. Pregnancy can definitely do a number on ones skin, and 5 months later, I am still seeing that. Melasma and forehead wrinkles are my current complaints – ugh. Unfortunately, a lot of products to help with these issues aren’t safe while breastfeeding. What. Gives. Lately, there’s been a lot of hype around the GloPro. A “MicroStimulation” Facial Tool that combines MicroTips with red LED light function and VibroTactile Stimulation to rejuvenate the skin. The product has practically rave reviews in the beauty world and beyond and upwards of 90% of test subjects reported results like improvement of skin’s firmness, collagen stimulation, and evenness of skin tone. Not only that, but the gentle microneedling allows for a 200x improvement in absorption of key agents in those pricy serums and oils I love so much. Um, hello, this sounds like everything I need and more.
5. SLIDING // NEEDLEPOINT MULES: When sandal season is over, I become allll about my mules. They’re easy and instantly seem to make any outfit look put together. Since its still in the 90s here in Dallas (W.T.F.), I am currently sporting them with my jean shorts, but will eventually trade those out for jeans. I came across this pair of Rachel Comey needlepoint mules awhile back and haven’t been able to stop thinking about them since. The color combination paired with the needlework and metallic blue heel is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Which is perfectly fitting for Rachel Comey, who is known for her stop-you-in-your-tracks designs. The mules would look so good paired with everything from a white button down to a classic black cashmere sweater and would look especially awesome with a pair of wider legged, cropped jeans or pants. Yes. Please.
6. COOKING // 2 INGREDIENT PANCAKES: Oftentimes I find breakfast to be one of the trickier meals of the day. I generally eat a Chocolate Sea Salt RX bar first thing in the AM and then call it a day. But this can be as early as 6:30/7, so by the time 9-10am rolls around, I am hungry all over again. But not quite hungry for lunch food yet. I was researching healthy, yet filling “breakfasty” foods that are somewhat easy and came across this recipe for 2 (!) ingredient pancakes. Ingredients that I almost always have around the house (bananas and eggs), making them that much more appealing. Not to mention that I constantly find us unable to finish all of the bananas that we have bought at the store. This would be perfect to make on those days when our bananas are nearing the end of their life-span. Please tell me that we aren’t the only ones with this debacle in our house. This recipe seems like the perfect solution!
7. PRE-ORDERING // “SISTERS FIRST”: I find first families and former first families to be absolutely intriguing. And the Bush family is no different. Couple that with watching Jenna Bush Hager on the Today Show every morning and you’ve got a major fan girl over here. Just from watching her on the show you can tell how close-knit their family really is. Jenna and sister Barbara’s “Sisters First”book comes out in just a few weeks and features intimate stories from their lives in the White House and beyond. Talk about intriguing. Its been awhile since I picked up a book on anything other than babies and sleep, but thinking this one is a must read.
What? You didn't think I was going to let Sally have all the layered leopard fun this week, did you? We're both so excited to be hosting the LEOPARD LEOPARD LEOPARD event this Thursday night with kate spade new york (we'll be at the Northpark Center location!) and as such, we felt like it was only natural to showcase how we personally pair leopard...with more leopard.
As mentioned in our post about the event, our mama taught us at a very young age to wear leopard-print as a neutral. Being that she was then – and still is now – one of our style heroes, we followed her lead in investing in timeless leopard items and wearing the print year round. And when kate spade rolled out their brand new all leopard collection it was only natural to add a few more spotted pieces to our closets. What I love about the whole collection (and this is such a “duh” thing but I’m just going to say it) is that whether you’re wearing one piece on its own or doing a head-to-toe leopard ensemble, it all looks great.
And hey, with leopard being the must-have print for the season more is more. So stack your leopard-print! I suggest pairing items that mix large and small scales, different textures, and even different hues – all true for the top, boots, and wristlet I’m wearing here! As long as your confident it will look smashing. Rawr!
To reiterate what Sally said yesterday, we so hope that any of you in the DFW area will try to come to the everything-leopard party we’re hosting with kate spade new york store at Dallas’ Northpark Center THIS Thursday, October 5th from 6-8pm. Whether you’re already a leopard lover like we are or someone wanting to dip their toe into the animal-print goodness, let us be your style guides for the night. And bonus, there will be sips, snacks, nail stickers, temporary tattoos, and more! Let us know you can come with an RSVP right here.