Author: Molly Miller (Left)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Owner of white lab pups blue moonbeam and Rosebud, Molly's primary job is running the blog and keeping up with her collection of white shirts. She tends to be the more tomboy + edgy sister and she's crazy about pizza and ripped jeans.
Toast: Butter + Strawberry jelly, or avocado + red pepper
Author: Sally Miller Walker (Right)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Sally's passion and career is as an early childhood education teacher. she has a weakness for sweets and shopping on line and plays more with pinks, pattern, and color than Molly. Currently listening to: vampire weekend.
Toast: Butter + Cinnamon + Sugar, or peanut butter
All I want to do right now is buy jeans and sweaters, but our weather here in Dallas is trying to tell me differently. This week we had one day that actually felt like fall and the rest were in the 80's. Next week looks to be the exact same. Such. A. Tease. Come on fall. I need to shop these sales! (read on to get the sales + steals)
This + That:
A.FAVORITE WATCH // “Be The Difference #bthediff” (Love this girl! Hannah Hoover is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside and Molly and are so inspired by her #bthediff campaign and commitment to encouraging people who are making a difference in the lives of others)
Banana Republic: The Friends and Family event! 40% off regular priced items with code BRFAMILY. (I must have a thing for black tops because this one is also so.good. For someone who wears a lot of white tees – this and this could be a cute upgrade to wear with jeans.)
Gap: 40% off everything online + 50% off your purchase in stores! Use code FRIEND. (This is perfect for our current weather in Dallas – hot! Also love this.)
H&M: Free shipping on orders over $40 with code 0040. (Umm this is a complete steal! I’m debating between black and grey – or maybe both?)
J.Crew: Five ways to save! 25% off coats and boots, 40% off women’s tops, 30% off men’s and women’s sweaters, up to 70% off sale items, and 15% off your order of $175 or more. Phew. Lots of good deals to be had! (I had been eyeing this sweater which somehow sold out in the blink of an eye, so now I’m feeling like I need to track it down. Must be good?! Still love this. Especially how they styled it on the model. And another sweatshirt I may just have to add to my arsenal?)
This outfit has been worn on more than one occasion when I'm trying to "dress up" but still feel comfortable with a baby on my hip. $40 shirts with fun details like puffed sleeves and pearl buttons are great for that type of thing, don't you know? Truth be told I usually have my diaper bag slung over one shoulder and black slides on my feet but the whole look clearly looks more polished with pumps and a sleek clutch. To go along with all the easy to clean tops and jeans I'm wearing on repeat I pair an eye-catching statement earring. These Lilly Earrings are even prettier in person...I fell for them after scrolling through the curated selection of baubles on Lola + Lina (a jewelry site you NEED to know about - they have the best eye!) and they're such a great neutral, they go with almost anything!
Welp. This was meant to post yesterday, but I am a day behind and have no real excuse besides the fact that my days are crazy and I don't like to sit behind a computer unless its during naps. Sorry friends! Now that I've checked finishing this post off my to-do list, I'm off to bake some banana bread and finish laundry - exciting stuff over here:) (read on for more vibes that are a littttlee more thrilling than my never ending pile of laundry and bananas that are going bad.)
1. BOOSTING // TRUE BOTANICALS ANTIOXIDANT: I’ve mentioned before that with pregnancy, and now while breastfeeding, I developed some Melasma on my face that seems to want to stick around. Aside from freckles that I’ve had since a young child, I’ve never had any sort of brown spots or discoloration until now. It was quite alarming initially, but now I think I’m just used to it. Ugh. Because many treatments for this aren’t safe while breastfeeding, I just try to use lots of Vitamin C (love this one by Ursa Major and this is unreal, but I always have to borrow/steal from Molly) and Indie Lee’s Squalene Oil (purchased from The Greenway Shop here in Dallas!). The other week I saw that Jessica of Bare Beauty Blog posted about True Botanical’s new Antioxidant Booster on her Instagram stating that the product improved her melasma x100. After reading these I quickly researched the Antioxidant Booster and found these before and after photos that have me convinced the Booster is just the ticket to solving my melasma drama.
2. WATCHING // STRANGER THINGS SEASON 2: We finallyyy started the second season of Stranger Things on Halloween after setting the remaining candy on our front porch and turning the lights off – oops. When we watched the first season I was the biggest skeptic. I admittedly hate all things Sci-Fi or Fantasy related – I never could quite jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon. Not that this is any comparison, but you catch my drift. After countless friends told me of their Stranger Things addiction I decided to give it a shot and am so glad I did. If you haven’t watched, nows your chance to spend the weekend binge watching Season 1. We will be doing the same for Season 2. Any other skeptics turned fans out there?
3. PLANNING // GRAPHIC IMAGE 2018: Each year Molly and I have the best time picking out our Graphic Image “desk datebook” planners for the new year and this year is no exception. There’s nothing like a new planner to help you feel organized, am I right? I can never quite seem to get around typing calendar items into my phone and much prefer the pen to paper method. There is something so therapeutic about taking the time to write things down, too. I am just now sitting down to look at the 2018 offerings from Graphic Image and trying to narrow down my favorites. Every year I have the hardest time deciding. Kindddd of into this moss green color.
4. RESORTING // MARYSIA SWIM: The other day Molly and I were talking about brand loyalty and how we both feel as if Marysia is a brand that we are completely and utterly devoted to in the swimwear department. Over the years I have amassed a decent collection, but I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon! Not to mention that with each new collection, the brand is pretty hard to resist as everything is next level amazing – always. And what I do know about my Marysia suits is that I wear them. Over and over again. And they last! Making them worth every single penny. I also find the fit to be amazing and think they really do offer something for just about everyone in the swimwear department, depending on what you like. With a Thanksgiving trip to Hawaii in just two weeks, I am really wanting to add a new Marysia suit to my collection. So when Resort 2018 launched I felt as if it was meant to be that it happened just weeks before our trip. Aside from white and black, it doesn’t get any more classic than a great red bathing suit and red makes up the better part of the latest collection. How good is this one??
5. SEEKING // BLACK BOOTIES: If there is one item my closet seems to be desperately in need of this Fall/Winter it is a great pair of black booties. I am torn between wanting a pair that is more of a “nighttime” pair vs. one that can be worn both day and night. Realistically, I don’t get out that much, so it seems to be a better buy to get something that I can wear white running around during the day. I’ve long loved the Isabel Marant Dicker booties and don’t really care if they had their moment years ago. They’re comfortable, easy, not a high heel, and can go with pretty much anything. Thats a win in my book. Also love these and the price is ideal. Also the heel height! This pair is fairly similar to the J.Crew version, but an even better price and they have awesome reviews. Decisions, decisions.
6. COZYING // SHEEPSKIN MOCCS: When the weather in Dallas cooled down, albeit temporarily, I was so excited to break out my UGG slippers. I have this weird thing where I can’t walk around in our house barefoot and always have to be wearing flip flops, but when it was chilly, slippers felt much more appropriate. Much to my dismay, I learned that with my foot growth that happened during pregnancy, my slippers that were brand new last Christmas are toe-crunching small. Not. Ideal. I had seen the Sheepskin Moccasins by The Small Home awhile back and loved the look of them, but two pairs of slippers is excessive for someone living in Dallas. Buttttt, now that my others no longer fit, I can surely justify them – right?! The Moccasins are all 100% handmade in the Polish Mountains using traditional techniques making them that much more special. I of course love the various embroidery colors, too. This pair may be my favorite.
7. READING // OLIVA WILDE’S ITG TOP SHELF: Speaking of True Botanicals, my curiosity in Olivia Wilde’s beauty routine peaked when I found out that she was the chief brand activist for the company. Since then, Wilde has been very outspoken about her journey with nontoxic skincare. Excitingly, her partnership with True Botanicals represents the first prominent celebrity signing of a natural skincare line in the beauty world. I remember reading that Olivia first became interested in nontoxic skincare when she was pregnant and decided to put more thought into what she was using on her body. That was years ago. Its safe to say that since then she has most likely amassed quite a few natural beauty favorites, especially being in an industry where she is required to wear a lot of makeup. Hence why I couldn’t wait to read her Top Shelf. In the article she shares her love for all things True Botanicals (le duh) as well as various rms products and the amazing Ursa Major Essential Face Wipes. Now if onlyyy she would have shared her favorite all over foundation/tinted moisturizer, specifically what is making her skin look pretty and glowy in the feature’s photos. For now I will just slather my face and body with every single Olivia Wilde endorsed beauty product. Starting with ordering the Stretch Concealer from Glossier because I have yet to find a natural concealer that I love.
Happy Halloween and brrrr! It's a chilly 61 degrees in Dallas right now. And hey, that's basically coat and jacket weather for these parts! I'm all treat, no tricks, with the military-inspired peacoat you see today. I know from experience that kate spade new york doesn't mess around with their outerwear (Sally and I still fight over the pink belted overcoat we "share") and pieces are as warm and durable as they are sweet and chic. I cleaned out so many coats and jackets last year and after re-visiting my coat closet several times in the past week I realized that I really only have one (maybe two) suitable coats that are "nice" enough to wear with non-athletic outfits. The Ruffle Velvet Coat arrived just in time to swoop in and save many an ensemble.
This coat has a little bit of everything: tight ruffles along the seams and a longer ruffle along the back, velvet trim, an oversized collar, shiny buttons, a velvet bow at the back of the neck, and cherry-red lining . Sounds like a lot but the black on black texture makes for the coolest contrast and I love how the gold buttons look with my typical uniform of jeans (distressed, most days) and a white shirt.
If you’re feeling the military-esque look you will probably appreciate the other ksny jackets and coats that non to the style…love the length of this coat, this jacket is a lighter version of the one I’m wearing (ponte knit with pearl buttons!), and I’m dying for the faux fur collar on this military jacket.
This has been the weirdest week - first going by slower than slow and then fast. Friday kind of snuck up on me. Anyone else? The weather here has been just as wonky - 85 degrees one day and 55 the next. This weekend looks like it will be really nice and sunny, which hopefully means lots of time outdoors - our favorite thing to do! (read on to get the sales + steals)
French Connection: 30% off outerwear with code FCCJ30. Through 10/31. (This is perfect timing for the cold front we’re experiencing here! How cute is this? And the price. Yessss.)
Gap: Up to 50% off almost everything + extra 20% off your purchase. Use code ALLGOOD. (These look amazing – might have to order to see how they are in person. Loving the wash. This takes the term “comfy clothes” to the next level. Its like a glorified bathrobe.)
H&M: 20% off $100 + free shipping with code 3550. (How cozy is this? Yes. Please. Also, this has such pretty lines to it!)
J.Crew: Free shipping on all orders plus 25% off women’s full priced styles with code SCORE. (Molly and I tried these on in the store and I’m deeply regretting not taking them home with me. Loving their toothpick style and the wash is perfect in person.)
J.Crew Factory: In stores and online – up to 60% off everything! Plus, 40-50% off accessories! (This is a great piece – especially in the black. Love this guy in the navy. And I’ll take this in all three colors! )
LOFT: FLASH SALE! 60% off fall steals + all sale styles. (These look pretty much perfect and have great reviews. Also, such a good price.)
Old Navy: 20% off your order! Use code SWEET. (This is amazing in the white/cream color.)