Author: Molly Miller (Left)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Owner of white lab pups blue moonbeam and Rosebud, Molly's primary job is running the blog and keeping up with her collection of white shirts. She tends to be the more tomboy + edgy sister and she's crazy about pizza and ripped jeans.
Toast: Butter + Strawberry jelly, or avocado + red pepper
Author: Sally Miller Walker (Right)
Location: Dallas, TX
A little bit: Sally's passion and career is as an early childhood education teacher. she has a weakness for sweets and shopping on line and plays more with pinks, pattern, and color than Molly. Currently listening to: vampire weekend.
Toast: Butter + Cinnamon + Sugar, or peanut butter
As soon as Everlane launched their micro rib pima cotton collection this spring I bought two of the Cami Dress - grey and black. It also comes in navy. Even though I have hips (ones that sometimes make me feel like I could blend right in with the Kardashian family) I am such a sucker for fitted dresses like this. And I'm inclined to buy more than one when they have a square tank neckline (so 90s - so wonderful). Throw a mini micro rib texture into the stretchy equation and I'm in love.
Did I mention I’m writing this from the beach? Kiawah Island, South Carolina with Sally and our family to be exact. So sorry for the short and sweet post! But if you’re wondering – yes, I did bring the Cami Dresses with me to the beach. They’re just so soft and easy to throw on with sandals and dress up with some tassel earrings or an eye-catching crossbody or clutch.
I keep forgetting that tomorrow is my birthday. The big 3-1. I honestly feel like as soon as you have a precious baby in your life - whose needs and happiness come way before yours - things like adult birthdays become less and less of a big deal. And what more could I ask for this year when I already have a sweet, healthy baby I can't get enough of?! We will actually be traveling tomorrow, which is totally fine by me. SO looking forward to spending a week at the beach with our family. I always remember there being so.many sales around my birthday each year, and this year is no exception. PSA (in case you haven't seen 1 million posts about it already), the the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now longer for card members only. That means we can all get access to the discounted stuff! (read on to get the sales + steals)
This + That:
A.FAVORITE READ // “Ask Jean: The ‘No-Makeup’ Must-Have?” via Goop (More Jean Godfrey June (her Coveteur features were part of my Current Vibes post from Wednesday). Spoiler alert, her no-makeup must-have is cream blush – specifically Olio e Osso. I obviously bought it. Totally agree with her that flushed cheeks and a pretty lip instantly make you look fresh!)
B.FAVORITE PIN // this via (Searched but can’t find the original source, help!)
C. FAVORITE INSTAGRAM // @sugarandcloth (I’ve got beaches and oceans on the brain since we leave for Kiawah Island tomorrow and just loved this shot of a swimming pig Ashley captured in The Bahamas!)
Ann Taylor: The must see summer event – 40% off everything with code MUSTSHOP. (One would think that it is far too hot here for anything with sleeves, but when the restaurants crank the AC, sleeves in the form of a pretty blouse like this one are a god-send.)
Anthropologie: Extra 30% off sale items! (Tons of great knits to throw on with a pair of denim shorts! After cleaning through my t-shirt drawers, I need to replenish. Love this, this, and this.)
Athleta: Semi-annual sale! Up to 60% off online and in stores. (Tanks like this are my favorite right now while I’m nursing and this one is a great price! Also, how cute is this!?)
Loeffler Randall: The sale is still going strong…just make sure to scoop your size before they sell out! (These are by far the most comfortable shoes I have bought as of late and the bronzer color is on sale!)
LOFT: 50% off everything with code SUMMER17. (This looks super cute and I love the color. Obsessed with the style of this dress.)
Lou & Grey: 30% off all sale styles! (A t-shirt dress with pockets? Sign me up.)
Madewell: Extra 30% off all sale styles with code THINKING. (This is adorable and would be perfect paired with white denim, jean shorts, or even blue jeans. Its nice and thin for the warmer weather, too! I tried this on in the store and loved it, but never bought it – the sale price is making it pretty appealing!)
Mango: Sale! Everything at 50%, 60%, and 70% off. (These are a great, go with everything color!)
Net-A-Porter: Final clearance! Extra 20% off select sale items labeled “sale must have”! (This is such a great buy! Perfect for weddings.)
Nordstrom: Anniversary sale has opened to everyone! Ends August 6th! (To be honest, I haven’t purchased a single thing from the anniversary sale – whoops. Been too preoccupied with leaving town and flying with a babe for the first time! BUT, it’s a great time to stock up on these, which are my fave! All I want to buy as of late is denim, despite these hot temps, and this pair is already in my cart! $100 off is a great deal!)
Old Navy: 30% off your order through tomorrow!! (Obsessed with the wash and fit of these – the price is pretty great, too. The white version of this reminds me a lot of Ace and Jig!)
Rag & Bone: Extra 30% off sale – use code SUMMER30! (These would be a great investment for fall and the color would go with everything!)
Saks: Final sale! Up to 70% off. (How fun are these?! Also, been dying to try these – everyone seems to really like them.)
Steve Madden: 25% off exclusives + free shipping with code HOT. (Kind of loving these in the black and white.)
Stuart Weitzman: All sale – take 50% off! (These are on sale in the red and blue – both colors are amazing.)
TIBI: Sale Finale – extra 15% off with code SALE15. (This is adorable for fall.)
Tuckernuck: Summer sale! (These are the perfect color and would go with everything. Also probably pretty comfortable with the platform! We can’t get enough Loeffler this season! Not on sale, but I am dying for these – the perfect color and heel height for this new mama.)
Quick! It's 100+ degrees out, what do you wear? Answer: a dress. And for me that means a dress that isn't body hugging, let's me wear a normal bra, has a long enough hemline that I can bend over and not be exposed, and can go from day to night depending on the accessories. Even better if it's sleeveless for oven-like temperatures. Sounds like a tall order but with all the brand and retailer sites I bounce around on for the weekly sales + steals post I've managed to find several dresses that fit my wish list criteria. One such dress that continued to catch my eye week after week was this stripe embroidered midi dress from kate spade. I don't usually gravitate towards red but the vivid embroidery was in all the right places and made the neutral white and grey stripe background come alive.
ksny always has a great mix of dresses – from fancy party frocks and classic sheaths to easy sundresses and more casual pieces – and the variety means that I can almost always find more than one dress I need/want each season. The stripe + embroidery combo even comes in a sleeved version with a tie waist! I went with the sleeveless style because I loved the embroidered straps, length, tiered patio silhouette, and smocked back panel. Super comfortable and so easy breezy. And though I’m “all dresses all the time” right now, the stripe + embroidery goodness also extends to this top!
Since we (me, my husband, le bebe, and Molly) leave town on Saturday for a family beach trip, my list of things to-do seems never ending! I don't get out of the house more than once or twice a day, but I am trying to make myself run as many errands on my list as I possibly can each day in an effort to get it all done by Saturday. Needless to say, the week is flying by and I'm wanting it to slow down just a bit. Molly and I finished The Handmaids Tale the other night and I still can't stop thinking about it. It is a must watch show for sure - can't believe we have to wait until 2018 for season 2! On the upside, Bachelor in Paradise starts in a few weeks, which gives me life. Yes - I can't help but watch. Its so bad that its good. (read on for more vibes happening around here...)
1. SWOONING // JCJ: To many, Jean Godfrey June is one of the OGs of the beauty world, and has been for quite some time. The former beauty editor of Lucky Magazine and now currently beauty director at Goop, JGJ is an expert on all things beauty. Since joining Goop, her focus has shifted to more natural beauty. Seeing that she is somewhat of a truster advisor to many in the beauty world, I absolutely love reading “Ask Jean” for her latest favorites, advice, and the like. Just in the month of July, The Coveteur has featured Jean Godfrey June twice (here and here) – if that tells you anything about her current status in the beauty world! In the spirit of our almost 100 degree temps here in Dallas, I am loving her take on summer glamour. Hint: less is more. I’m so glad to know that the JGJ would approve of my current relationship (or lack thereof) that I have with my blowdryer.
2. SNACKING // RXBARs: Full meals are few and far between these days as I am pretty much constantly feeding or holding baby H. Who can resist a baby sleeping on their chest?! When I’m not doing those two things, I am either frantically doing laundry or trying to get other things done. Read: not a whole lot of time on my hands! Thankfully, Molly introduced me to RXBARs, and I feel like my life has been changed. To be honest, I have never (ever) been one for any type of protein bar situation. They always tasted grainy and just plain gross to me. I am a pretty picky eater and even pickier about texture. I was sure that I would hate RXBARs just as much, but was pretty desperate for a quick, easy, healthy, and protein-filled snack. Game. Changer…specififically in the Chocolate Sea Salt flavor. It actually tastes like a brownie. No, seriously! Each RXBAR only has 8 whole ingredients, all of which are listed right on the wrapper. With natural ingredients that I can recognize, RXBARs are definitely living up to their motto of no B.S., and I love them for that. Best part: I can order boxes on Amazon!
3. MISTING // TRUE BOTANICALS: Ever since reading this feature on VIOLET GREY, I am certain that True Botanicals‘ Hydrating Mist needs to be my next beauty purchase. The company’s latest line (known as the Basics Collection) was made with pregnant women in mind. It may have surfaced just a few weeks too late, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not intrigued all the same. Specifically by the Hydrating Mist, which VIOLET GREY dubs to be the “standout” product in the Basics Collection. Instead of being water-based, like similar products, the Hydrating Mist is actually made of aloe vera and green and white tea, which nourish the skin and help to prevent damage. I love a good mist because they can be used for a multitude of purposes – as a refresher, to add moisture, and even to set makeup. I’m thinking I need a bottle to keep in my bag at all times!
4. LUSTING // SEA EYELET SLEEVE SWEATER: With an upcoming trip and flight, I will most definitely be reaching for some sort of sweater situation for the plane. No matter the weather outside, I always, always have to wear long pants and long sleeves while traveling. I have to feel cozy and to me that means having pretty much zero skin exposed. Strange, I know. I can’t even wear sandals either – my feet will get too cold. Since I am trying to get a head start on packing, I find myself seriously wishing I had purchased this Sea eyelet sweater. The sweater body combined with fuller eyelet sleeves makes for the perfect Spring/Summer/Fall travel (and beyond!) knit. The eyelet sleeves also make me think that it wouldn’t be too hot, which is perfect for this time of year while traveling. Its also in my most favorite color to purchase tops in – white. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
5. REMEMBERING // GRAPHIC IMAGE BABY: Graphic Image has always been my go-to place for quality leather goods. Year after year, Molly and I consult each other when picking out our leather-bound planners for the year. Recently, Graphic Image launched a baby collection that has me wanting just about every single thing. I firmly believe that photo albums and printing photos are still such a sweet and sentimental thing to do for your children and love looking back on mine to this day. Otherwise, if you don’t print the photos, they almost get lost amongst so many others on your phone! The “Baby Notes” journals would make for such a darling gift for someone that is expecting a baby. The perfect place to write down nursery ideas, registry items, baby names, and the like. Would be SO fun to look back on too. Totally wishing I had one of these while I was pregnant! I can’t help but want the “Firsts” pocket-sized journal to document each exciting little first that happens and to keep them all in one place. SO much better than the notes on my phone – which is what I have been doing – and such an amazing keepsake to have.
6. GIFTING // MAISON LABICHE ONESIES: With how hot it is here, we wear a lot of onesies. Paired with a cute pair of bloomers they look put together and sweet and are perfect for the days where were just hanging around the house or running errands. I recently discovered that Maison Labiche makes onesies and am dying to place an order. These would make such a precious gift as well – all babies need onesies! While I’m at it, I may need to pick up a tee (or two) for myself – some of them are even on sale! Perfect to pair with my new skorts from Outdoor Voices – which I am obsessed with, by the way.
7. INDULGING // HALO TOP ICE CREAM: Lately I cannot get enough of sweet treats. Its a bit of an obsession, honestly. I’ve always had a major sweet tooth, so I don’t know why I’m acting surprised by this. In an effort to somewhat pull in the reigns with the sugar, I try to limit what we keep in the house and have “healthier” options – if that is even possible. Dark chocolate is my best friend, especially when it’s nice and cold from keeping stored in the fridge. I’ve also fallen hard for Halo Top ice cream. Halo Top is low-calorie, low-sugar, and high protein and made from all natural ingredients, so I don’t feel nearly as bad when I do indulge. It is also not lacking in taste, whatsoever. The stuff is absolutely delicious. Although I’ve only tried the Vanilla Bean and Chocolate, I am completely sold. Next on my list: Cookies & Cream and S’Mores. The best part? You can search Halo Top’s site to see which local stores carry your favorite flavors so that you aren’t left disappointed in the freezer section when they don’t have that Birthday Cake your heart was set on. And in case you were wondering, you can order the pints via Amazon Fresh!
I'd like the file the summertime cold under "things I don't understand." Congested sinuses, machine gun sneezes, and a sore throat - all things that encompass a traditional cold - all make the most sense when it's actually cold outside. Feeling this way when it feels like 105 degrees is just...weird. And annoying. If you can't tell, I'm suffering from a summer cold. Not ideal. Hoping that it clears up soon so I can stop complaining and stop blowing my nose.
Stupid cold aside, I'm really excited to share this slip dress! From all the slip style dresses I've posted in the past couple months it might be obvious that I have a thing for the silhouette...
I love slip dresses. I could go on and on about why but the simple fact is that for me, they’re really easy to throw on and feel good. This one from Everlane is a little different than the others I’ve shared in that it’s made with Japanese GoWeave. What’s that you ask? It’s a crease-resistant and cooling textile that has a subtle texture (almost like a grosgrain) and a nice silky drape. While it’s not something you can roll up in a suitcase and throw on immediately (I did this for a wedding a month ago and it does require a little pressing after being folded in a bag) the GoWeave makes it a lot more forgiving than silk in the wrinkle-resistant department.
I really like the “rose” hue I have on (it’s the color of Piglet’s face from Winnie the Pooh, right?) but the dress comes in three other colors…I’m on the waitlist for the black version in my size. The one draw back I’ve found is that it can’t be worn with a traditional strapless bra. I wear it with a sticky bra and it looks totally fine but given that it’s summer and I sweat like I’m running a marathon even when I’m standing still (a super feminine trait that I LOVE) sticky bras are not my friend this time of year. Poor me, I know.
Did I mention that this dress is a hand wash piece? No dry-cleaning = WIN. I’m wearing a zero if that helps!